Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

eConnect 16.0 Incoming Queue not Processing Messages

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

We are upgrading to GP 2016 R2 and currently use the eConnect 12.0 Messaging Queue features extensively.  When installing and testing the newest version of eConnect 16.0, the outgoing piece is working as expected, but  incoming eConnect will not pick up the queued up messages from the designated queue.  I have modified the eConnect.Incoming_Queue key to point to the queue, but have not had any luck so far.  No log files are being generated, so it is as if eConnect is not checking the incoming queue.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Categories:
  • Lucas Miller Profile Picture
    Lucas Miller on at
    RE: eConnect 16.0 Incoming Queue not Processing Messages

Well, I'm glad to hear you got it working, but based on what I've seen it shouldn't be necessary to use the 2013 service.

I'll have to find some time to check with the team to see if they've run across any issues in the builds where it should have been resolved.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• sstyer65 Profile Picture
    sstyer65 95 on at

finally got it to work.

but... I went back to using the 2013 version

and, once i created the deadletter queue... it started processing the messages

Lucas Miller on at

I'm looking for information on the patch you mention, but it looks like it had to have been between the 2017 Year End (KB4025192) and the 2017 Canadian Year End (KB4046341) batches.  It must be the latter since that is build 16.00.0641. Since that is past the US 2017 Year End the service issue should be resolved.

Also, where are you seeing that eConnect version information?

The fact that you're seeing messages in your queue means that your external application is placing them correctly (assuming you're pushing data *into* GP), but the eConnect Incoming Service is either not running, not setup correctly or not working, which would leave the messages in the queue.

If I'm assuming incorrectly and you're using eConnect to pull data from GP, then the eConnect Outgoing Service seems to be doing what it was designed to do, which is convert records in the eConnect_Out table to XML files and put them to the Outgoing queue for your external application to then pick up and work with.

sstyer65 95 on at

I ran the micrsoftdynamicsgp16-bk40446321-enu patch

and it looks like that should have taken the version up to version 16.00.0641

but, my econnect is still showing .0553

however... I'm now seeing messages sitting in the queue

but... it doesn't appear as though it's doing anything with them

there's no message in the event log for econnect or application

any ideas?

Lucas Miller on at

Hello,

This is something that was initially reported in GP 2015, but it was addressed in patches for both GP 2015 and GP 2016 as indicated in the following article:

community.dynamics.com/.../the-2017-u-s-year-end-update-has-released

If you're on that release or later and still seeing that issue I'd ask that you submit a support case so we can investigate and write something up if necessary.

sstyer65 95 on at

when is 2016 econnect going to be fixed?

I tried to install the 2013 version, and it's requiring an older version of the native client.  I don't believe I can get the 2008 r2 native client any more.

But... why doesn't my 2016 econnect still not work

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

It has been confirmed that eConnect for GP 2016 is broken.  

The workaround is to:

1. Install eConnect for GP 2016

2. Install eConnect for GP 2013 with the following settings:

a. Install the Help and Samples along with the Incoming and Outgoing Service (Everything but the BizTalk adapter)

b. For the Service User, use the same service account as used for the eConnect Service for GP 2016

c. On the SQL Connection Information screen, check the box to not add the Service User to SQL

3. Build the MSMQ Queues as Transactional

4. Give the eConnect service user full control to the queues

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,522 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,441 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans