Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Programmatically applying a payment to a posted sales invoice

Posted on by 5

I am attempting to programmatically apply a payment to a posted sales invoice using the following code:

lSaleInvHeader: record "Sales Invoice Header";
        CustomerLedgerEntry: record "Cust. Ledger Entry"; //Payment Ledger Entry
        InvCustomerLedgerEntry: record "Cust. Ledger Entry"; //Posted Invoice Ledger Entry
        CustEntrySetApplyID: Codeunit "Cust. Entry-SetAppl.ID"; //Codeunit to set the application id
        CustEntryApplyPosted: Codeunit "CustEntry-Apply Posted Entries"; //Codeunit to apply the posted entries

begin

CustEntrySetApplyID.SetApplId(InvCustomerLedgerEntry, CustomerLedgerEntry, CustomerLedgerEntry."Document No.");
        CustEntryApplyPosted.Apply(InvCustomerLedgerEntry, CustomerLedgerEntry."Document No.", InvCustomerLedgerEntry."Posting Date");

end; 

The strange thing is, this code has actually worked once or twice. But now I get the following error when attempting: Cannot post because you did not specify which entry to apply. You must specify an entry in the Applies-to ID field for one or more open entries.

Any suggestions on how I can get this customization working consistently or why I might be facing this error? 

Categories:
  • Samantha73 Profile Picture
    Samantha73 2,280 on at
    RE: Programmatically applying a payment to a posted sales invoice

I did find another blog where posted entries are applied:

microsoft-dynamicsnav.blogspot.com/.../dynamics-nav-2016-applying-and-posting.html

However, not sure if it's a good practise to set applied-to-id directly from code instead of going through the BC codunit so now my code looks like (currently hard coded values)

CustomerLdgEntryInv.RESET;//CustomerLdgEntryInv is a record variable of table 21
            CustomerLdgEntryInv.SETRANGE(CustomerLdgEntryInv."Document Type", CustomerLdgEntryInv."Document Type"::Invoice);//Find only Invoices
            CustomerLdgEntryInv.SETRANGE(CustomerLdgEntryInv.Open, TRUE);// Find only Open entries    to apply
            CustomerLdgEntryInv.SetRange("Document No.", 'Inv0000006');

IF CustomerLdgEntryInv.FINDFIRST THEN BEGIN
                // Search for Payment entries in customer ledger entries
                CustomerLdgEntryPay.RESET;//CustomerLdgEntryInv is a record variable of table 21
                CustomerLdgEntryPay.SETRANGE(CustomerLdgEntryPay."Document Type", CustomerLdgEntryPay."Document Type"::Payment);// Find the payment
                CustomerLdgEntryPay.SETRANGE(CustomerLdgEntryPay.Open, TRUE);// Find the payment Ledger Entry
                CustomerLdgEntryPay.SetRange("Document No.", 'GCR0000004');
                IF CustomerLdgEntryPay.FINDFIRST THEN
                    REPEAT//Repeat for all the payment entries
                          //set applies to ID
                        CustomerLdgEntryPay.CALCFIELDS(Amount);
                        //Update all the invoice entries
                        CustomerLdgEntryInv.CALCFIELDS(Amount);
                        CustomerLdgEntryInv.validate("Applying Entry", TRUE);
                        CustomerLdgEntryInv.validate("Applies-to ID", CustomerLdgEntryPay."Document No.");
                        CustomerLdgEntryInv.CALCFIELDS("Remaining Amount");
                        CustomerLdgEntryInv.VALIDATE("Amount to Apply", 100.01);//CustomerLdgEntryInv."Remaining Amount");
                        CODEUNIT.RUN(CODEUNIT::"Cust. Entry-Edit", CustomerLdgEntryInv);
                        COMMIT;// Commit the change
                        SetAppliesToID.SetApplId(CustomerLdgEntryPay, CustomerLdgEntryInv, CustomerLdgEntryPay."Document No.");// SatAppliesToID is a codeUnit variable of Code Unit 101
                                                                                                                               //SalesInvoiceHeader.SetRange("No.", CustomerLdgEntryInv."Document No.");
                                                                                                                               //if SalesInvoiceHeader.FindFirst() then                                                                                                     // Post the application
                        PostAppn.Apply(CustomerLdgEntryInv, CustomerLdgEntryInv."Document No.", CustomerLdgEntryPay."Posting Date"); // PostAppn is a codeUnit variable of CodeUnit 226
                    UNTIL CustomerLdgEntryPay.NEXT = 0;
            END;

Samantha73 2,280 on at

In this example , I tried to apply already posted entries but ultimately I want to create the payment in unposted mode (with applied entries) and then post - the same sequence as from the front end when creating a Cash receipt Journal. Ideally create an unposted entry for users to review

• Inge M. Bruvik Profile Picture
    Inge M. Bruvik 32,744 Moderator on at

Are you trying to do it at the same time as you post the payment or are you trying to apply already posted entries against each other?

Samantha73 2,280 on at

I'm trying this myself, did you find out the solution

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at

Hello,

We currently do not have dedicated Dev support via the Dynamics 365 Business Central forums, but I wanted to provide you some additional resources to assist.  If you need assistance with debugging or coding I would recommend discussing this on one of our communities.

www.yammer.com/dynamicsnavdev

dynamicsuser.net/.../developers

I will open this up to the community in case they have something to add.

Thanks.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,706 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans