Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / How do I make a relate...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

How do I make a related entity field unclickable?

Posted on by 22
Hello - how do i make this related entity unclickable from the event product form?  I tried to make it read only and this did not work. I posted this just recently but could not find it so apologies if i've doubled up. Thanks!
Categories:
  • MichaelTorres Profile Picture
    MichaelTorres 24 on at
    There are three methods I know you can do it with:

One approach is to use JavaScript to disable the hyperlink for the related entity lookup field. By adding a custom script to the form, you can prevent users from navigating to the related record when they click on the field.

Alternatively, you can hide the Related tab from the form. Open the form in the Power Apps Solution, locate the Related tab, and hide it. This will prevent users from accessing related records through that tab, but be aware that it may also remove other important tabs like Background Processes and Audit History.

Another option is to use classic mode customization. Switch to classic mode in the Power Apps customization interface to get more control over how related entities are displayed and manage which options are visible to users.
  • Suggested answer
    Yogesh Mulay Profile Picture
    Yogesh Mulay 47 on at
    Just Open the Form in Solution, click on Related tab and hide it. Publish the Form.

Please mark my answer verified if this is helpful!
  • Suggested answer
    Sachin Jadhav Profile Picture
    Sachin Jadhav 70 on at
    Hi,

I think you mean disabling Related menu?

I think you cant hide this option completely, however you can get rid of all items shown inside related menu.

Note: This will also include important administrative tabs like Background Processes and Audit History as well. So if you are getting rid of all options it will be good to maintain 2 different forms, one with all the related entities on (for admins) and one without them (for non admins).

You can open your form in power apps solution for customization and then switch to classic mode.

On the classic form customization UI, select Navigation option from top.

Then on the left hand side menu, remove all related entities from navigation. The empty one looks like follows (Navigation options removed from all sections like Common, Sales, Service, Marketing etc.).

Save and publish the form.

• Suggested answer
    Muhammad.Affan Profile Picture
    Muhammad.Affan 1,631 on at
    Hi There,

My suggestion would be to use JavaScript to disable the hyperlink for the related entity lookup field.

Thanks
    Affan 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates