Skip to main content
Unanswered

Upgrade of on-prem from 9.1.14.17 to 9.1.17.29 and Organizations Update issues

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 4
I'll admit right from the start that I'm not overly familiar with Dynamics 365. I was brought in to the IT Systems team and one of the first responsibilities was to get patching status up to date.  One thing this meant was applying the 9.1.17.29 update to the on-prem Dyanmics 365 installations.  Starting on the Development Dynamics instance, the installation itself succeeded but apparently it was not able to update the databases for all of the Organizations.  Some of them are showing the correct version in the Dynamics 365 Deployment Manager, but others are still showing 9.1.14.17.  The account I am using to log directly in to the server and launch the Deployment Manager is a manager of ever group in AD that starts with /privuser/ as I read someplace that was a potential reason why the update fails, but that didn't change anything for my attempts. I've also confirmed that my account is in the sysadmin Server Role in the SQL instance that houses the databases for Dynamics.
2023-06-21 08:02:41.018|  Error| Update Organization with Id=5f1d2625-b9f9-e911-a2f9-0050568e83a9 failed with Exception:
Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Encountered non-terminal failures during DBUpdates. Failing actions are: CustomControlsCore, BaseCustomControlsCore, SolutionHistoryAPIs, CRMSettingsAPIs, DataModelingExtensions, ApiMessagesExtension, LocalizationExtensionApps, DataServicesExtensions, AppModuleExtensions, ODatav4DataProvider, WebResourcePages, msdyn_PowerConnectors, EnvironmentVariables, MicrosoftFlowExtensionsAnchor, PowerPlatformConnectionReferencesAnchor, msdyn_ContextualHelpAnchor, msdynce_CustomerCareIntelligenceBots_Anchor, msdynce_ClientUtility, msdynce_AppCommonAnchor, msdynce_Activities, msdynce_ServiceLevelAgreementAnchor, msdynce_KnowledgeManagementAnchor, ActivitiesInfra, ServerSideSync, CDSApiExtensions, CustomAPIExtensions, AsyncServiceExtensionsApp, SampleEditorCustomControl, msdyn_CustomControlsExtended, CRMDesigners, msdyn_AISolutionAnchor, msdynce_LeadManagementAnchor, msdynce_ProductManagementAnchor, Scheduling_Anchor, msdynce_MarketingAnchor, msdynce_ServiceAnchor, msdynce_SalesAnchor, msdynce_MarketingServiceAnchor, msdynce_MarketingSalesAnchor, msdynce_SalesServiceAnchor, msdynce_CRMExtensionsAnchor, msdyn_SalesIntegrationsAddOns, msdynce_SalesInsightsAnchor, ActivityFeedsCore, AppforOutlook, SkypeForBusiness, msdynce_OfficeProductivityAnchor
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationDBUpdateInstaller.ProcessFailedActions()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationDBUpdateInstaller.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<Execute>b__0()
   at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.Execute(ILogger logger, EventId eventId, ActivityType activityType, Action action, IEnumerable`1 additionalCustomProperties)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.Execute(ILogger logger, XrmTelemetryActivityType activityType, Action action)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationDBUpdateInstaller.Execute()

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try next?
Thank you in advance
Categories: