Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Calculating BOM Missing Number

Posted on by 1,624

Has anyone else seen this error message?  And what did you do?  I have tried searching the web and used the debugger and I'm at a standstill on what is missing.  It seems like something is just off.MissingNumber.jpg

Categories:
  • Aparisi82 Profile Picture
    Aparisi82 2,147 on at
    Calculating BOM Missing Number
    @fac.ansel Thank you very much for this.. You let me save days of troubleshooting
  • jconerp1 Profile Picture
    jconerp1 on at
    RE: Calculating BOM Missing Number

A phantom should not require a route - if this is really the issue then Microsoft needs to fix this as that would be a bug.  

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

We have seen this issue in our live system because of which the entire business was stuck as the BOM calculation was not happening.

After doing the root cause analysis of this incident, we identified that there were some set of items which were changed from being Item type "Item" to "Phantom" and there was no route specified on some of them.

After clearly defining the route on all such items, BOM calculation was successful. 

• Suggested answer

I have seen it in D3FO / AX7. The reason was a Released product without neither setup time nor runtime in the Route.

It was in combination with a Phantom route in the structure, but the issue was noy the Phantom Route, but the top level route.

It was able to calculate a price in a Planned Cost version, but not in a Standard Cost costing version.

• Verified answer
    FAC.Ansel Profile Picture
    FAC.Ansel 1,624 on at

I found the issue and hopefully this will help someone in the future when you get the very vague error message "Missing Number".

The reason I got this message is that there was a Phantom Subassembly on the BOM that had a route attached to it.  In AX, you must put the route on the top level assembly and leave the Phantom Blank.  After removing the Route, the cost rolled as it should.

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Ansel, Could you possibly provide some additional Information on your BOM especially the item number 8340-001? Possibly post a screen-print of the BOM and let us know how your BOM and the items included are setup from a costing perspective (Standard costing, moving average, FIFO, LIFO). Maybe you simply forgot setting up a cost price. I think every additional Information helps. Thanks, Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans