Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Suggested answer

Real-time marketing segments - limited features in comparison to Outbound Marketing Segments

Posted on by 18
Not sure if I'm missing something, but given that Real-Time is now the default for the marketing module, and new installs don't get outbound marketing by default but does it appear that the real-time segment solution is lacking by way of comparison.

One specific issue, would appreciate any help/insight.. 

With more complex segment logic, in Outbound I've found myself often having to build multiple segments to build upto my desired list - which required a segment referring to a previous segment as the logic builds up. I've now found in real-time that is not possible, and would appreciate if anyone has any insight to indicate if this are due to be /fixed/ or is that now the final behaviour of real-time segments.

The behaviour is also reinforced by some wording in the information icon on the Segments tab/section when building out a segment while building a segment, we're informed that /..., it does not present segments that contain additional segments/. 

Categories:
  • Bob74 Profile Picture
    Bob74 18 on at
    Real-time marketing segments - limited features in comparison to Outbound Marketing Segments
    It's now almost 10 months since the above was posted. And the Real-time segment builder still has the limitation (while outbound doesn't).

Any news on if this situation will ever improve?
  • Bob74 Profile Picture
    Bob74 18 on at
    Hi Rudy,

Do you mind me asking, do you have an opinion - if this is as good as it will get; or are we likely to see the behaviour change in the near-future?

For ourselves, while we start with a master list - that is broken out into multiple differing segments that need to each be handled differently - including falling back to post for those contacts lacking an email address (or bounce). So being able to ensure that for a subsequent list, they're not in a previous segment is fairly key AND is something we can do with Outbound Marketing Segments.

Thanks,

Scott
  • Suggested answer
    RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

As you said, RTM segmentation does not support multiple levels of nesting, and we've done some testing to prove that this is true.

In addition, during our testing we found that while multiple layers of nesting are not supported, nesting multiple subdivisions within a subdivision is supported.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans