Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Sales order delete problem

Posted on by 15

I use AX dynamic for 9 years and yet have a very big problem with this system in sales orders.

we used these sales orders to control the back charge materials the we give to the contractors, with no price only quantities.

I discovers yet that we can delete invoiced sales orders even they related to closed year for example the project is open from 2018 and we closed this year, then I can delete this order today without any problem, and then I have no problem in the ledgers while all other detailed reports are error now after the deleting?

why the system allow this transaction, and how I can prevent it???

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Sales order delete problem

Hi Sales order Problem,

What's the status of those sales orders in your environment?

Best regards,

Ludwig

• RE: Sales order delete problem

The problem that those orders related to not closed projects but my worries is that can happened for sales orders in colsed period in the system

• MATTGUO Profile Picture
    MATTGUO 22,296 on at

Two threads are merged, please don't create multiple threads for the same question.

• MATTGUO Profile Picture
    MATTGUO 22,296 on at
    RE: Delete order problem

Hello,

You can set Safety level of invoiced orders to locked, then system will not allow you delete the invoiced SO.

3362.pastedimage1593678438414v1.png

Moved to AX forum: https://community.dynamics.com/ax/f/microsoft-dynamics-ax-forum

• Delete order problem

I use AX dynamic for 9 years and yet have a very big problem with this system in sales orders.

we used these sales orders to control the back charge materials the we give to the contractors, with no price only quantities.

I discovers yet that we can delete invoiced sales orders even they related to closed year for example the project is open from 2018 and we closed this year, then I can delete this order today without any problem, and then I have no problem in the ledgers while all other detailed reports are error now after the deleting?

why the system allow this transaction, and how I can prevent it???

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hi,

Agree with Christoph, the accounting is not the problem.

Your vouchers won't be touched even if you delete the SO.

The same applies to other documents that can be deleted as well (e.g. journal headers).

The main issue that you might run into when deleting those records are reporting related.

That is, if you have some reports that you need to run for those old years and the SOs are not there anymore then you might be in trouble.

In my opinion, you should be able doing those deletions as your law allows you.

As an example, in my home country, we need to prove and validate things to auditors for up to 10 years back meaning that the SO of year 11, 12, etc. can be cleaned if this helps for example improving system performance.

There are other ways doing that. As an example, many companies have separate databases where they move their historical data for archiving / auditing purposes into. Maybe this is something also interesting for you to look into.

Best regards,

Ludwig

• Suggested answer
    Christoph Thaler Profile Picture
    Christoph Thaler 5,442 on at

Hi Sales orders Problem,

The logic is by design. As needed information for the finance is saved in journal tables like custinvoicejour or custinvoicetrans there is not Problem for the system. However, if you need the sales order records for your reporting you have to think about a modification to prevent users from deleting a sales order. We did something in the past and it is not that easy to define. You have to think about a logic when you prevent the deletion. Just hide the delete button via permission is usually not enough as you will need it in case of wrong order creation (nothing happen instead order was created)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,513 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,862 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans