Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Answered

Error: Inventory Valuation Report: The Item Location Variant Buffer already exists

Posted on by 90

Hi Team 

We faced the below issue when running the Inventory Valuation report (Report#10139).

error_5F00_inv-valuation.png

I checked the Table 10139 Item Location Variant Buffer from SQL Server Management studio but there're no table record. Have anyone experienced this issue? Any info is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Haruka

• TRACIb321 Profile Picture
    TRACIb321 5 on at
    RE: Error: Inventory Valuation Report: The Item Location Variant Buffer already exists

We are having the same issue; what is the items have full-width characters in its item no. what are the half-width characters?

• Haruka Matsumoto Profile Picture
    Haruka Matsumoto 90 on at
    RE: Error: Inventory Valuation Report: The Item Location Variant Buffer already exists

Hi I Gusti

Sorry for the multiple updates but I found the cause. Some items have full-width characters in its Item No. Once they are replaced by half-width characters, then the error is not coming up anymore. Thanks again for lots of your suggestions!

Hi I Gusti

Thanks for your reply. As you pointed out, we do not have a plan to apply the entire CU to our NAV but I could apply the table 10139 from the latest CU along with your advice!

However the Inventory Valuation still report returns the same error. The Report10139 and Table 10139 from the latest CU has already applied to this environment. Do you have any suggestion for the further solution?

Thanks,

Haruka

• I Gusti Made Ari Profile Picture
    I Gusti Made Ari 3,590 on at

For your case , you need to upgrade the client to latest CU as well then do database version then import the object.

If not you can just remove the "DataClassification=SystemMetadata;" as this is a new property .

Hello I Gusti,

Thanks for your reply. I extracted this report (10139) from the latest CU54 code and applied to our environment but still see the same issue.  I guess the table 10139 should also be updated, but then faced the below error:

error_5F00_import_5F00_table10139.png

The main changes on this table is on the field definition as below:

---------- Before (BEFORE) ---------- Table 10139 ---------- Fields ------------
    }
    FIELDS
    {
    { 1 ; ;Item No. ;Code20 ;CaptionML=[ENU=Item No.;
    ESM=N§ producto;
    FRC=Nø d'article;
    ENC=Item No.] }\

---------- After (AFTER) ------------------------------------------------------
    }
    FIELDS
    {
    { 1 ; ;Item No. ;Code20 ;DataClassification=SystemMetadata;
    CaptionML=[ENU=Item No.;
    ESM=N§ producto;
    FRC=Nø d'article;
    ENC=Item No.] }

Could you advice me if my approach of importing the table 10139 is right way? If so, do you know how to handle the above error?

• Verified answer
    I Gusti Made Ari Profile Picture
    I Gusti Made Ari 3,590 on at

Looks like this report id is North America Localization object. 

Have you tried to update the object for this report from latest CU ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3014609/released-cumulative-updates-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2015

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans