Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Azure Data Lake Microsoft Athena TrickleFeedService Documentation

Posted on by 15

Hi,

Does anyone know of any documentation which describes how to use the Microsoft Athena TrickleFeedService files in Azure data lake?

I have these files but no idea how to use them.

pastedimage1600849668618v1.png

any help would be very much appreciated.

Categories:
  • Simon Morris Profile Picture
    Simon Morris 15 on at
    RE: Azure Data Lake Microsoft Athena TrickleFeedService Documentation

Thanks Carolina,

I have seen these docs and I am currently using those csv files at the moment but you have to load the whole file each time, what I really want is the trickle feed files so I only need to load the most recent updates, I just can't seem to find any documentation which explains how to use them.

The files below are in a different place in a separate folder in the data lake than the initial sync and snapshot files.

pastedimage1601647634617v1.png

The trickle feed suggests they only contain updates and the delta file suggests the same but the delta file looks like this when you edit it:

pastedimage1601647931291v2.png

I have no idea what that means!!!!. Thanks Simon

• Suggested answer
    RE: Azure Data Lake Microsoft Athena TrickleFeedService Documentation

Hello Simon,

I believe the information you are looking for is explained in this article - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/export-to-data-lake#continuous-snapshot-updates. You can also see this blog article for further information: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/exporting-cds-data-to-azure-data-lake-preview/

I assume that those files are associated with a specific folder entity in Storage Explorer. When changes occur for that entity, they are pushed to the respective CSV files in Azure Data Lake, using trickle feed. When data is written to the lake it is partitioned in years, as you can see in the screenshot you provided. Once this data is exported, you can consume the data using one of the options available in Discover Hub in the PowerApps Maker Portal.

This is an example article on how you can use PowerBI to analyze CDS data in Azure Data Lake: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/export-to-data-lake-data-powerbi

Let me know if this was what you were looking for. 

Thank you,
    Carolina

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,469 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates