Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Unanswered

Building an application with VS 2022 fails when attempting to add Dynamics GP form.

Posted on by 75,730

I have run into the same issue as described in this forum discussion when using VS 2022.

https://community.dynamics.com/gp/f/microsoft-dynamics-gp-forum/450713/microsoft-dexterity-shell-dexuiform

When trying to add a Dynamics GP Form I get

“The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: DynamicsGPForm1—The base class ‘Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.DexUIForm’ could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built.”

This was using VS 2022. If I take the same project and load it using VS 2019 I can add the form with no issues.

Is there a way to add a Dynamics GP form using the extensions for VS 2022?

• Tim Wappat Profile Picture
    Tim Wappat 5,701 on at
    RE: Building an application with VS 2022 fails when attempting to add Dynamics GP form.

This is a change where Visual Studio changed in 2022 from being 32bit application to a 64bit application.

You can make a AnyCPU build target in visual studio for when you need to edit forms, then switch back to 32bit for debug and final build.

Details in this blog post...

timwappat.info/.../Dynamics_GP_Addins_VisualSudio2022

There is a new switch in latest releases of Visual Studio. I've not tested with GP yet, but will update the blog post when I have done so.

Tim.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans