Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Automatic release of sales orders only releasing one line

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello,

I am using AX2012 R3 CU13 and running into a problem with the automatic release of sales orders.

I have two sites, and one warehouse at each site. For the first site, everything works fine and has been working for years. For the second site, it worked when first set up 6 months ago but lately has been having a problem where only one line of the sales order has work created for it. The batch job runs every 15 mins. On the first run, it releases one line of the sales order and does reservations for all orders (allow reservations on release to warehouse is setup on the warehouse and I would like to have all reservations done at time of release). If I do a manual release to warehouse from the sales order it creates work for all lines as expected.

The batch job will then run 15 mins later and release the additional lines together, this is creating a second set of work, a second load, and a second shipment.

I can't figure out anything that would be causing this behavior. I don't understand why all lines aren't being released on the first run of the batch job.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

• Danny Bilodeau Profile Picture
    Danny Bilodeau 4,058 Super User on at
    RE: Automatic release of sales orders only releasing one line

Hello Joe,

Looks good to me, but I would recommend removing some criteria from the batch job to remove some constraints.  For example, I do not see the value with the Sales Order Document status, so I would remove that criteria; IMHO the line status 'Open' is sufficient.

Not sure if that makes a difference, but I checked on the syntax for the DayRange and the reference document does not include a comma before the second number (DayRange(-365,180)).  

Manually running the release would not work as the setup on the Warehouse is to reserve when releases by batch, but if same behavior it could indicate a problem with reservations on release.  If the above changes do not have an impact, as this batch started to not function properly about 6 months ago, you may want to verify new developments deployed in this time frame.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hello Danny,

I have checked the logs from the batch and no indications of why it is erroring. Also checked the work creation history and wave processing history logs.

The configuration of the batch job parameters looks good. Nothing in there has changed from when it was working.

I have tried recreating a new batch from scratch and it gives the same problem. I have also manually run the release and it gives the same problem. Also tried this with different users.

I have tried the job with and without site in the parameter configuration. It always releases fine for one warehouse and not the other. I have checked the settings on the warehouse and see nothing wrong there either. A manual release from the sales order always works. It also will produce work/load/shipment for the additional lines the second time the release of sales orders runs.

pastedimage1650887723544v1.png

Regards,

Joe

• Suggested answer
    Danny Bilodeau Profile Picture
    Danny Bilodeau 4,058 Super User on at

Hello Joe,

Do you have different batch jobs for the different warehouses?

A series of checks, if you have not already done so:

-Look at the batch job history and an InfoLog for a run that did not work? Is there any message in the InfoLog to explain  why some lines were not released some lines?

- Look at the batch job parameters (click on task and then parameters,). Is there anything that stands out as inorrect configuration?

- Look at the Wave ID that was created with the incomplete work for any processing error?  

- Did you recreate the batch job from scratch, being in full control of the selected parameters ? (withold the previous batch job)

Can you attach screen shots of the parameters for the automatic release of Sales Order batch job?

Regards,

Danny

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans