Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Sales forum / How can I import produ...
Sales forum
Suggested answer

How can I import products with Default Price List?

Posted on by 5

I have a list of Products in an Excel spreadsheet that I'd like to import into the Product table. When I import I'm getting this error "ERROR - Target CRM Attribute: pricelevelid for CRM Entity: product is not ValidForCreate." 

This seems odd and on further inspection it seems that the Default Price List is locked and never editable on row creation. This is why it's failing when I import and map a field to it.

pastedimage1634073867861v2.png

It is only after the the product is created that you can enter a Default Price List.

My question is, firstly, why is this field locked during creation and secondly, how would I import a product with a Default Price List?

Categories:
  • Inogic Profile Picture
    Inogic 24,053 on at
    RE: How can I import products with Default Price List?

Yes, firstly the Default Price List field on product entity form for adding new product record will be disabled at the first time. Once you created and saved the product record, it will not automatically set the Default Price List and you need to manually select the Default Price List. This is the by default behavior of Dynamics 365 CRM Product Catalog.
    Once the product is saved, you can not directly choose the Default Price List until you have Price List Item defined for that product. Once you create Price List Item then, price from that Price List Item will be automatically set as the Default Price List.

Secondly to import the product records from excel, you can download the template excel file from Advance Settings -> Data Management -> Template for Data Import as shown in screenshot.

import_2D00_products_2D00_with_2D00_default_2D00_price_2D00_list.png

After opening the template file, you can see there is no column available for Default Price List field in the template. So you cannot set the value of the Default Price List when importing the product from an excel file.

You can refer the following article to know more about Default Price List in CRM.
    https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/misscrm360exploration/posts/10-facts-about-default-price-list-in-entity-product-in-crm-2011-2013-that-you-might-not-have-noticed

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

• Satya Nadella Profile Picture
    Satya Nadella 50 on at

I have a list of Products in an Excel spreadsheet that I'd like to import into the Product table. When I import I'm getting this error " ERROR - Target CRM Attribute: pricelevelid for CRM..

Diendangiaiphapexel

sign 2008 - 2010 ? who ?

• Suggested answer
    Atilla Profile Picture
    Atilla 145 on at

Hi,

Can you try below explanation?

First of all create date, then export them via advance find( add default price list and necessary colums to the export file). Set price list on da export date and import them again.

• Suggested answer
    Nya Profile Picture
    Nya 29,054 on at

Hi

Why is this field locked during creation? 

The field "Default Price List" is locked when the product is created and it can be edit after the product has been saved.

You can refer to the following article to know more about it.

10 Facts about Default Price List in Entity Product in CRM 2011/ 2013 that You Might Not Have Noticed ~ Ms. Dynamics CRM (missdynamicscrm.blogspot.com)

How would I import a product with a Default Price List?

Please check the template of the Product entity for importing. There is no "Default Price List" field in the template.

So you cannot set the field when importing the products.

pastedimage1634105329417v1.png

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans