Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Data migration from one legal entity to another legal entity !

Posted on by 312

Hi Team,

I have a requirement on data migration, for example I have one legal entity I.e., and other legal entity is B. My requirement is I need to push the data from 'Legal entity A to Legal entity B', I know we can achieve this by creating the data entity. 

the data will be thousands of records only, are there any Microsoft tools available to do the data migration?

Please help me on it.

Regards,

Vinilkumar.

• Suggested answer
    Shawnsauve Profile Picture
    Shawnsauve 1,089 on at
    RE: Data migration from one legal entity to another legal entity !

Yes, Microsoft provides several tools to migrate data between legal entities in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. One such tool is the Data management framework, which allows you to import and export data in various formats such as CSV, XML, and Excel.

To use the Data management framework, you can create a new data entity and map the source data fields to the target data fields in the destination legal entity. Once the mapping is completed, you can run the data entity to migrate the data from one legal entity to another.

Another tool provided by Microsoft is the Data migration tool, which allows you to migrate data from various sources to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. This tool also supports migrating data between legal entities within the same environment.

Both of these tools are designed to handle large volumes of data and provide an efficient and reliable way to migrate data between legal entities.

• EugeneGTI Profile Picture
    EugeneGTI on at

https://youtu.be/TJqvTELuX1c

• vinilkumar Profile Picture
    vinilkumar 312 on at

Thanks for sharing your information, I have one more concern on 'Data Size' by using!

1.) the above steps either all data should be shared or else any limitation size (for example I.e., only 2k records should be shared like that any think may happened).

2.) Regarding copy configuration, you are recommended like this way,  

blogs.bojensen.eu/.../

for this sharing the data from one instance to another instance (example if we want to move the data from 'Dev to UAT', can move), but here 2 different legal entities into the same environment how are possible copy configuration,

Please guide me.

Regards,

Vinilkumar.

• nathanclouse Profile Picture
    nathanclouse 30 on at

Hey Vinilkumar,

Depending the entity and type of data sharing, you could potentially use Copy Into Legal entity (learn.microsoft.com/.../copy-configuration), Cross Company data sharing (learn.microsoft.com/.../cross-company-data-sharing), or potentially submit the same DMF package to 2 different recurring DMF job endpoints; one for Legal Entity A and another for Legal Entity B.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates