Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

default e-mail message format

Posted on by 46

Hi,

when the e.g. packing slip is posted, posted document has the options to be printed, saved to file or e-mailed:

pastedimage1648806102929v1.png

Is it possible to setup/change default message format? In our case "ASCII" is always the first option by default, but we would like to have PDF as first option instead of chossing from the list:

pastedimage1648806327176v2.png

Can an user set this up or it is a code based setup ? 

• Danny Bilodeau Profile Picture
    Danny Bilodeau 4,058 Super User on at
    RE: default e-mail message format

Hello Jozef,

Indeed, Print Management is only if <Use Print Management> option is selected.  Using this option actually removes the the additional step of entering in the Printer setup dialog box and selecting print destination etc.  You can also print in batch mode, so documents could be sent without human intervention !!  

But it sounds like development is the way to go to make selection faster for your users.

Regards,

Danny

• Jozef Profile Picture
    Jozef 46 on at

Thanks for the response Danny.

I have tried several setups in Print management, achieved some changes, yet did not achieve what was my intention to.

it does change the print management for the already created Packing slip when using print management option but when printing the packing slip from the screen the first option is always the ACSII.

I guess this indeed is a developer change although the formats are not alpabetically sorted (RTF preceedes HTML) so I will have our dev team look into this.

thanks

• Suggested answer
    Danny Bilodeau Profile Picture
    Danny Bilodeau 4,058 Super User on at

Hello Jozef,

Do you know the Print Management feature?  For each of these document you could default the "to", "Subject" and message format.  You create one default setup and you can configure exceptions for customers or vendors that want it in a different format (eg printed Packing Slip instead of email packing slip).  

There is no setup to default the message format for email.  The list seems to be sorted alphanumerically so developper could change the sort order or hide the unused options.

Regards,

Danny  

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans