Announcements

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Answered

Personal view on dashboard in CRM2013?

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by

Hi,

I'm trying to create a personal dashboard to follow up on specific cases in CRM2013.

I've created a personal view to find the relevant cases (using advanced find and saved the view), but I can't seem to add it to my dashboard as a list...
No personal views appear in the view selector when I choose the entity 'case'. However all personal views are available if I choose the contact or account entity.

Is this a system limitation I've stumbled upon?
If so, does anybody know why this limitation exists? Is there any plan to add the missing functionality?

• Suggested answer
    ARIFNIIT Profile Picture
    ARIFNIIT 1,391 on at
    RE: Personal view on dashboard in CRM2013?

You can use personal views in personal dashboard. due to security you can not select personal views in dashboard for everyone.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Thanks everyone! This forum was very helpful in overcoming a system limitation and increasing the utility of our users' dashboards. I appreciate yall finding an easy fix.

Hopefully the Dynamics 365 team will develop the capability to selectively choose which Personal Views appear for a given list component in a dashboard, which you can already do with the System Lists.

• jdalske Profile Picture
    jdalske 536 on at

I am experiencing this issue with the Activities.  I can see my personal views in the Activities entity but when I attempt to create a dashboard I only get system views.  I looked in my solutions and found one default view, I activated it and took another suggestion of setting another view as the default and deactivate the previous default.  That worked so I changed the default back to the original default view.  However, if I change it back (Open Activities as default instead of All Activities) it doesn't work again.  What table in the DB can I look in to see the background?

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

This seem to be an issue if the number of default public views is not 1 (so zero or 2 or more).

You could also change this by exporting and re-importing a solution containing the entity, and editing the isdefault property for the view(s) there.

If you are affected by this, please also vote for this connect item so that we might get a proper long-term fix for this (either to add personal views to a dashboard regardless of the default public views, or to prevent getting more than one in the first place):

Double Default Public View means no more personal views in Dashboards

• RE: Personal view on dashboard in CRM2013?

Brilliant! This also solved my problem, even though I did the change through the UI (activated the deactivated views, changed default and deactivated again).

I didn't want to do direct db updates in our production system

Thanks a lot Laurent and Zack!

• zack liu Profile Picture
    zack liu on at

yes, I have an inactive view as default as well,  I think you mentioned the right root cause. You remind me that I did reactive one view, and happen to see it become a default view automatically. Thank you, Laurent.

• Verified answer
    Laurent Wery Profile Picture
    Laurent Wery 30 on at

Hi Zack you put a finger on a thing. I ve checked, i have a public view as default but ... I've checked in db (SavedQuery) I found a desactivate view which are as default to. I've set the field Isdefault='0' and ... unbelievable i recover my personnal view in my dashboard. Hope it will help you too.

• zack liu Profile Picture
    zack liu on at

I met the same issue. But I found there is no default public view for the entity, so I set one of the view as default. Then everything goes well. Hope this will be help.

• Stacey Salgado Profile Picture
    Stacey Salgado 5 on at

I am also having the same issue - I am using CRM 2013 online, and I am unable to add personal Lead views to dashboards using any browser or the Outlook plugin. I can add personal views for other entities to dashboards, such as Contacts, Opportunities, System Jobs, and more - just not leads.

Note: I was able to add personal Lead views to dashboards in a free trial account, just not in my account. I cannot find any configuration option within CRM to allow or prevent this feature. Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you.

• Laurent Wery Profile Picture
    Laurent Wery 30 on at

Hi all,

I've the same issue in CRM 2011, but only on the appointement entity.

Has anybody found a solution ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,281 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,025 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans