Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Posting multiple vendor payments as 1 bank account entry (for bank recs)

Posted on by
We have always had a problem with vendor payments in that each vendor payment posts as a separate bank ledger line.  This makes it difficult to do bank recs, as the bank posts the entire payment run as a single entry that we then have to match against many individual entries in our books.

What we would like to do is post the entire payment run as 1 bank entry.  This solution was suggested to us by the BC/NAV medics at the recent Community Summit - not putting a balancing bank account entry for each line, but then adding a new bank account entry for the whole payment run.  Sounded good, but it didn't work.  At all.

If there is no balancing account then you can't export a payment file.  If you try using a GL account as the balancing entry type, it won't generate a payment file.  How can I get this to work - multiple payments generating an export file for my bank that then results in 1 bank ledger entry.

We are currently on BC 14 On-prem

Any help would be appreciated - and if you solve it and are in Toronto we might be able to throw in tickets to one of our Mirvish shows!!

Thanks
  • Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 22,849 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Posting multiple vendor payments as 1 bank account entry (for bank recs)
    If you're using the EFT/ACH functionality, as far as I know achieving what you want with standard functionality isn't possible. When you run the Suggest Vendor Payments function, you have the option to create one line per vendor, which I assume you're already utilizing since a single bank ledger entry is created for each vendor. However, there's no option to post all payment lines as a single bank ledger entry without some customization. As you pointed out, the journal needs to be formatted in a specific way for the function that exports the payment lines to an EFT/ACH file, which is where the customization comes into play.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,665 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,971 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans