Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Fixed Assets impairment and AUC

Posted on by 20

Is there an oob functionality for assets under construction or asset impairment in F&O. Also how do we achieve this functionality in ax

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Fixed Assets impairment and AUC

Good morning Deepakjoshi17,

For impairment there is no special feature available in AX. As a result, you have to be a bit creative and find workarounds such as using the PowerPlatform. I have no out of the box concept for that because most companies I worked with did the assessment and calculation outside of AX.

An alternative is talking to a developer about your specific requirements and making a system modification.

My advice would be not to make things too complex and to start small because impairments are usually not done on a regular (daily, weekly) basis. For that reason, the time effort and money/cost you put into this should be in line with what you want to have automated.

Best regards,

Ludwig

• Deepakjoshi17 Profile Picture
    Deepakjoshi17 20 on at

Hi Ludwig

I have gone through the investment project AUC workaround and this should serve my purpose.

However I am still not sure of the asset impairment workaround using powerapps. Can you elaborate a bit more

I researched a bit and understood part of my requirement can be fulfilled by "revaluation" and write down journals.

Also came across this solution-reclassify/split it to Another fa of different grp and then write off or run depreciation which post to impairment write off gl.

Please share your thoughts

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Good morning Deepakjoshi17,

For asset impairment there is no standard functionality that would support this process to calculate an amount to impair. Impairments rely on your assessment and the amount you want to post. If you can define specific rules how such an impairment process should be executed you could extend the standard functionality for example by making use of the PowerPlatform (assuming that you operate D365Fo)

For the asset under construction (AUC) issue, you can make use of investment projects.

An example how this can be done is illustrated in this blog post:

dynamicsax-fico.com/.../

Best regards,

Ludwig

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,459 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,783 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans