Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

GP to Business Central migration - Failed to prepare the systems for replication

Posted on by

I am working through a GP to BC migration and testing it, but I can't connect. I have the integration service setup, but when I try and connect, I am given this message:
The call to prepare servers failed. Run id='96546fb9-bf15-4d5b-8866-34301cef3b7f', Name='msft1a6720t63301344_GP_Preparation', ErrorMessage='Operation on target CheckCompatibilityLevel failed: ErrorCode=InvalidParameter,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=The value of the property '' is invalid: 'Keyword not supported: ': server'.'.,Source=,''Type=System.ArgumentException,Message=Keyword not supported: ': server'.,Source=System.Data,''

Below is my SQL connection String:
: Server=EU-GP\GP;Database=ENAB;User ID=username;Password=ActualPassword;

I also tried

Server=EU-GP\GP;Database=ENAB;User ID=username;Password=ActualPassword;

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

• Gavin Profile Picture
    Gavin 2,331 on at
    RE: GP to Business Central migration - Failed to prepare the systems for replication

Hi,

To add to this, I also noticed the text "CheckCompatibilityLevel" in the error as per below:

pastedimage1668758916203v1.png

According to this MS article you have to ensure the databases are set to a compatibility level of 130 or higher. (Migrate on-premises data to the cloud - Business Central | Microsoft Learn)

pastedimage1668759040389v2.png

Therefore, it might also be worth checking this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gavin

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at
    RE: GP to Business Central migration - Failed to prepare the systems for replication

Hello,

The connection string is wrong. It should be in correct format. E.g.:

For example, Server=MyServer\BCDEMO;Database=BC180;UID=MySQLAccount;PWD=MyPassWord;, if you're migrating from Business Central on-premises, version 18. For more information, see the SQL Server blog.

The following snippets illustrate a couple of connection strings with different formats:

Server={Server Name\Instance Name};Initial Catalog={Database Name};UserID={SQL Authenticated UserName};Password={SQL Authenticated Password};

Server={Server Name\Instance Name};Database={Database Name};User Id={SQL Server Authenticated UserName};Password={SQL Server Authenticated Password};

Important

In the second connection string format, don't forget to add the space in User Id parameter as it's mandatory and can throw an error if it's missing.

Hope it helps (the below applies to GP as well).

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans