Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Unanswered

Expiry dates

Posted on by 95
Hi

If I have a list of sku, batch no and expiry date how can this be uploaded to populate each item within the batch ?
Categories:
  • Netjacker2097 Profile Picture
    Netjacker2097 174 on at
    Expiry dates
    Hi,

I would look into the item tracking, as you can create Lot (Batch) tracking.

1. create the lot tracking code
    2. Item Journals - Negative stock out. (Before posting, export out the lines in excel. you will need this for the Postive jounal back in.)
    3. on the item card but, populate wit the new tracking code for the item you need batching.
    4. Item Journals - Positive stock in. (remeber you much put the same cost back in from the excel you export out for the negative adjustment. Cant make something out of nothing rule).
    5. on the journal select ==> Line ==> item tracking and add the QTY you need for the batch (I.e. batch. 1234 has 100 qty)
    6. if not already in view, you will need to customise your pacge to bring in the expiry date in and populate it.
    7. check all before posting the stock back in.

Please note, when you consume the stock on the way out you will need to assigne a batch on the item tracking for the product  before you can post. (assuming you not used Item tracking before :) )

Thanks,
    M

• Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 6,637 Super User on at
    Expiry dates
    If you have a list of items in inventory and you need to an expiration dates to the lot you can use the Item Reclassification Journal to do it. 
    You can use edit in excel or configuration packages to make it faster as well. 

• Shaikh Zuber Profile Picture
    Shaikh Zuber 95 on at
    Expiry dates
    Apart from Expiry date, i am also asking for SKU and batch no need to be upload to populate within the batch ?
  • gdrenteria Profile Picture
    gdrenteria 4,675 Super User on at
    Expiry dates

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 286,384 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,485 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans