Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Human Resources forum / Error assigning HR use...
Human Resources forum
Unanswered

Error assigning HR user licenses in Microsoft 365 admin portal

Posted on by 1
Hi

I am trying to assign HR licenses (either full or attach) to users and get the below error, regardless of any other D365 licenses the user has assigned to them.

This user won't be able to have license assigned because you need to assign more additional services. Please re-assign license in this user's property page.

Can anyone please confirm whether there are any pre-requisites for assigning HR licenses, or provide any assistance?
We are using FinOps V10.0.38 (going to V10.0.40 at the moment).

We are licensed to use FinOps HR module, as below.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Barry
Categories:
  • CU03101910-0 Profile Picture
    CU03101910-0 2 on at

Thank you for reaching out regarding the issue with assigning HR licenses to users in D365. It sounds like you're encountering a licensing error that can sometimes arise due to specific prerequisites. To address this, first ensure that the user already has the necessary base licenses assigned, as HR licenses may require specific foundational licenses (like Finance or Operations) to be in place before they can be assigned. Additionally, check the user’s property page to verify that all required services are enabled, as the error message suggests that there might be additional services needed.

Since you're currently using FinOps V10.0.38 and preparing to upgrade to V10.0.40, it’s also worth consulting the release notes for any changes or new prerequisites related to HR licenses. Reviewing Microsoft’s official documentation on D365 licensing can provide further insight into any additional services or roles that must be configured. If the issue persists, contacting Microsoft support may offer additional assistance and clarification on any licensing requirements or system settings that need adjustment.

Effective communication in your organization is vital, especially when addressing technical issues like this. It’s essential that your HR and IT teams collaborate closely to ensure that all users have the necessary licenses and permissions to access the tools they need for their roles. Please feel free to reach out if you need more assistance or have further questions. I’m here to help!

• JA-30092003-0 Profile Picture
    JA-30092003-0 2 on at
    I'm seeing the same thing.  

We control licensing through Entra ID security groups.  We can create any combination of base/attach licenses, but we have a single user that would take the following license scenario:

Finance Base
    Project Attach
    HR Attach

We cannot get this group to create and end up with the error stated above.  

Any idea how/where to see the missing services?
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi Barry,

The error is coming from the settings for this user in Entra ID. It is not related to the License configuration page in Dynamics 365 itself. I haven't seen this issue myself, so I wonder what additional services are required.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates