Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Why does document rout...
Finance forum
Answered

Why does document routing agent not support printing of pdfs while running as a service

Posted on by 739

Can anyone please explain why the document routing agent is not supporting the printing of pdfs while running as a service. As soon as I enable the run as service option it asks for a folder to store the pdfs.

I really need the ability to run DRA as a service and I want to send PDFs to the printer. 

pastedimage1674140747070v1.png

• Verified answer
    ThomasWilke Profile Picture
    ThomasWilke 739 on at
    Why does document routing agent not support printing of pdfs while running as a service
    In our case we solved it with custom code that exports the PDFs to an azure storage.
    Beside that there is the possibility to use a third party module like Docentric to get the PDFs.

But I'm still waiting for Microsoft to allow the document routing agent to print PDFs while it is running as a service. 
  • Alex G. Profile Picture
    Alex G. 9 on at
    Same boat - trying to configure DRA to print checks to a network printer - and so far no cigar.

The PDF printing section in the "Printer destination" article seems pretty unequivocal:

PDF documents can be printed directly to a network printer only if the Document Routing Agent is running as a desktop application.
    ... yet my boss is swearing this worked at some point (people were able to print checks via DRA running a service).

Would love it if we could confirm this one way or another.
  • Why does document routing agent not support printing of pdfs while running as a service
    Are you looking to have PDF files saved and sent to a printer? Or just printed and you were thinking of using PDFs as a means to an end in getting the document printed? Try changing your settings on the D365 print management side to not print as PDF if you just want it printed.
  • Why does document routing agent not support printing of pdfs while running as a service
    Hi, did you get it to work as "Run as Windows Service"?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans