Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Project Operations forum
Suggested answer

Could I disable time entry feature?

Posted on by 75

Hello Team,

I see "% Completion" is depends on timesheet entries. Is there any way where we can skip timesheet entries for calculate "% Completion"? any plugin or workflow for same.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas

• Vikas P Profile Picture
    Vikas P 75 on at
    RE: Could I disable time entry feature?

Thanks Mark and Antti.

• apa Profile Picture
    apa 8,280 on at

Ah, ok. In that regard, please note the following:

It is not recommended for customers to edit effort completed, effort EAC or effort remaining in a CRM editable grid or main form because:

1. Even though we have server side logic which attempts to maintain the calculations, you can end up with math on those fields that does not make sense.
    2. WBS aggregations are not respected on parent tasks or the project summary.
    3. Updates to scheduling service are not triggered and the Project for the Web grid will not display the changes.

The only supported surface to edit the remaining effort should be our tracking grid as this is where have the business logic to influence EAC.  

• MarkB45 Profile Picture
    MarkB45 755 on at

Hi Antti,

I was thinking more of the effort remaining field in ProjOPs which you can amend and therefore manipulate the %Complete but obviously this wouldn't work if the effort to complete is fixed.

In classic PMA there are various options to update the %complete depending on what project type you are using one of those options is to manually update it. However in classic PMA it tracks % complete against all transaction types not just time entry.

KR

Mark

• Suggested answer
    apa Profile Picture
    apa 8,280 on at

Mark Bailey is manually updating % complete possible in classic PMA? In ProjOps Lite, integrated (as well as in PSA), the % complete column is driven by approved time entries and manually editing it is not supported. The column works differently in vanilla Project for the web, where manual updates to % complete are allowed.

Vikas P as to your question about circumventing time entries to update that column. It is not a supported approach and I advise against attempting to populate the column by circumventing time entries.

• MarkB45 Profile Picture
    MarkB45 755 on at

Hi Vikas,

You have the option to manually update the %complete. So if you don't post nay time entries or the users don't complete timesheets then you still have the ability to update % Complete.

Not sure if you would be able to update this field through a plug-in workflow though.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans