Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Unanswered

Thousands of internal emails are being tracked daily in CRM - User Settings set to only track in response to D365 tracked emails

Posted on by 5

I am having a tough time figuring out how to prevent all of our internal emails from being tracked in CRM. Using the xRMToolbox I changed all users settings to only track in response to already tracked emails, but they are still flowing in; thousands per day.   I noticed that each user has a queue and that is set to track all emails as activities, so I'm wondering if that's the culprit, but I can't figure out a way to bulk edit that setting for the 3500 users.   I can't manually change that for all user queues, and I'm not even sure if that's what's causing the issue.  

I've scoured this community for similar issues, but can't find any resolution to this.  We are so far over our storage capacity due to this and I really need to stop this from happening. 

Help is appreciated. 

Cara

• WillD44 Profile Picture
    WillD44 152 on at
    RE: Thousands of internal emails are being tracked daily in CRM - User Settings set to only track in response to D365 tracked emails

Correct.  It's set to 'Email messages in response to Dynamics 365 email'

• empath-e CRM Profile Picture
    empath-e CRM 1,134 on at
    RE: Thousands of internal emails are being tracked daily in CRM - User Settings set to only track in response to D365 tracked emails

So these user definitely do not have Track - All Email Messages set? 

WillD44 152 on at

Yes.  They're the same.

The people to whom the emails are going are contacts in CRM.  I could see why CRM might track on those, but that's only true for few users.  Most users don't have so many emails being tracked.  Why only these few that seem to track almost everything?

• empath-e CRM Profile Picture
    empath-e CRM 1,134 on at

I assume you have checked/compared the users email settings?

WillD44 152 on at

I tried changing the queue email setting but it didn't help.  I've got this issue as well.  Some users seem to track many emails while others don't.   Even if they got the same email message.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,513 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,862 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans