Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Updating Financial Dimensions on Purchase Order released from Purchase Requisition

Posted on by 60

Dear community, 

I am facing the following issue in D365 F&O 10.0.31: the user cannot update the financial dimensions on the PO line when the PO line is with a category or a non stocked product. The PO is in Draft, not yet submitted to PO workflow.

The warning given by F&O is the following : "You are not allowed to clear financial dimensions on the order line for non stocked product. You can only do it from Distribute amounts page. Please go to Financial > Distribute amounts page and clear required financial dimensions."

pastedimage1683805071774v2.png

The use case is the following: the creator of the PR has made a mistake and selected the wrong cost center. So the procurement department needs to update it. The approval in the PO workflow is relying on the cost center in the PO line so updating the accounting distribution is not meeting the requirement.

Any idea why the standard is preventing this update? I want to explain the logic to the customer but don't find any.

Thanks!
Thomas

• Updating Financial Dimensions on Purchase Order released from Purchase Requisition
    Hello All, 

I also have this issue in my 10.0.40 environment. Just to add a bit, the warning message appears only when I try to delete the financial dimension, but I am able to replace it with another value. 

Any ideas?
  • RE: Updating Financial Dimensions on Purchase Order released from Purchase Requisition

Hi Thomas,

I demo this also in Contoso with System administration role and it works.

FD from PR

pastedimage1684335451746v3.png

Changes on PO

pastedimage1684335252603v1.png

pastedimage1684335334998v2.png

Is there any customization regarding this? please check

regards,

• RE: Updating Financial Dimensions on Purchase Order released from Purchase Requisition

Hi Adegbola!

Were you updating the FD on PO line for a non-stocked item/a procurement category?

Can you please give me more details how you managed to do that?

I tested in contoso with my user and this message is popping-up, impossible to modify the financial dimension on the PO line.

Thanks for you help,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I just simulate this and i can edit financial dimension on Purchase order. Please can you confirm if this was working initially for this user.

await your feedback

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans