Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Compare security roles between environments

Posted on by 14
I have a task a user can do in a development and UAT environments but not in Production
The task is to pin a note on a contact timeline
With System Administration users I can complete the task in all three environments so it appears the issue is permissions
I want to compare the security roles the user has in the UAT and prodution environment and check if there are differences between the two
Visual comparisson between the two is theoretically possible but with thousands of entities to compare it is practically impossible
Is there anyway to export the security roles into a table that would allow comparrison of the same role from two environments?
I know there are third party tools that will compare roles within an environment but I can't find any that work across environments
And I am worried about downloading free software to /hack/ my corporate security!
Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Compare security roles between environments
    Hi Partner,
    Please refer to the following link:
    --COMPARE SECURITY ROLES
    --This XrmToolBox tool allows you to compare the privileges and show the differences between two roles in the same environment or across different environments
    For the task--pin a note on a contact timeline
    --If you have a system administrator or basic user role, the pin and unpin settings work by default.
    --Or you can refer to this thread, check privilege of ' Timeline Pin': Dynamics Community Forum Thread Details
    So you can assign basic user role to the user, or select one role that assigned to the user and set ' Timeline Pin' privilege.

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans