Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Advanced Accounting Ru...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Advanced Accounting Rules-Nested, Dependent Values Not Working

Posted on by 44
Hello - I am trying to utilise advanced accounting rules to created nested or dependent values. The need is very straightforward but I can't seem to get the rules to work.

I have 2 financial dimensions which are segments in my account structure. One of the dimensions needs to have its values narrowed down based on the value selected in the first dimension. Example: I have a segment named Fund with a list of 10 or so values. I have a second segment named Line of Accounting with a list of 3 values. Each fund value can only be associated with 1 line of accounting so when I select a fund value from the list, I don't want to see all 3 values in the Line of Accounting list; I only want to see the value the fund is associated with. When I try to create say a PR, I select a value from the list of Fund segment, then click on Line of Accounting segment, I still see all 3 values in the list.

I have some screenshots of the advanced accounting rule setup and the PR Financial Dimensions during PR creation. The reason there is no advanced rule criteria, is that the rule must always be applied. In the example in the screenshots, fund 9R should only have 1A2A displayed in the list for Line of Accounting yet all 3 values for Line of Accounting are popping up in the list. It's clear I must be missing something in my setup but I'm uncertain what the missing piece is.

• mlas101 Profile Picture
    mlas101 44 on at
    Upon further testing, the advanced accounting rule is working for transactions such as general journal entries and invoice journals but is not working for purchase requisitions. Does this sound accurate? I have a screenshot of a general journal entry which is acting, as expected.

• mlas101 Profile Picture
    mlas101 44 on at
    Hi Waed - I had not considered using derived dimensions. That could be a possibility but when I go to the Financial dimensions screen and select my 1st dimension (which happens to be the first segment in my account structure), the Derived dimensions option at the top greys out. It's not selectable.

For information - Fund is a financial dimension based on Fund (General Ledger > Funds); does that make a difference?

EDIT: As it turns out, it appears that derived dimension functionality is not available to the Fund entity because it is company specific. So, I need to figure out the issue with the advance accounting rules.
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 3,802 on at
    Hi,

Do you want to have the 2nd Dimension to be derived dimension of the first Dimension?
    If yes, check the below blogs about the derived dimensions:

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,989 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,588 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans