Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Job Queue Error "The SMTP mail system returned the following error: ""The operation has timed out.""

Posted on by 6,578

I have a codeunit with sends email to my customer for their due balance.

I have customized a report which i use to send as PDF.

There are 100 or more customers who have due balance.

I get a error message in job queue log entry "The SMTP mail system returned the following error: ""The operation has timed out.""." after some email are send via job queue.

I have created a separate service as NASServices and configured it with startup codeunit 450 & specific company name.

I also have a separate production service for my users who use dynamics nav regularly and in that service i have set up idletime out as 20 Minutes.

I am unable to understand the issue.

We are using Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, build 36310

• ManishS Profile Picture
    ManishS 6,578 on at
    RE: Job Queue Error "The SMTP mail system returned the following error: ""The operation has timed out.""

Thanks guys for your response.

I have asked the client to check with their service provider for bulk emailing.

Will come back once i have the update.

• RockwithNav Profile Picture
    RockwithNav 6,562 on at
    RE: Job Queue Error "The SMTP mail system returned the following error: ""The operation has timed out.""

Hey Manish,

The Issue is related with the Firewalls and the Ports. Make sure that your Firewall is not blocking it or else pass your port number to get it free from the Firewalls. You should coordinate once with your tech support team.

Thanks

rockwithnav.wordpress.com

• Suggested answer
    Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,638 on at

Please check SMTP server settings or the email provider we had this issue at one of our client and it is because the server was setup to send few emails in certain period of time for security reasons.  We ended up creating another server externally and use it.

• Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hi Manish,

Somehow, I always prefer to send such kind of bulk automated mails via Outlook and not via SMTP.

I always found sending mail via Outlook more simpler, accurate and we can easily track the results.

Regarding SMTP, you may check with SMTP service provider and explain him such bulk mail sending scenario via NAV. They might have some settings to block the bulk mails at times.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,583 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,485 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans