Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Field Service forum / create 1 - 2 day confi...
Field Service forum
Suggested answer

create 1 - 2 day confirmations for bookings to resource

Posted on by 6

I'm looking to set up a confirmation process for bookings in Dynamics 365 Field Service. Specifically, I want to create a 1 to 2 day confirmation window where a notification is sent to the assigned resource, giving them the option to confirm or decline the booking.

Could someone please provide guidance on how to configure this confirmation workflow within Dynamics 365 Field Service? Any insights or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

• Suggested answer
    Ian_P Profile Picture
    Ian_P 29 on at
    If the Resource is a D365 FS user, then you could add a Booking status 'Confirmed' against Scheduled. This would allow the status to be easily see on the schedule board.

You can then send an in app notification to mobile x hours before the start time.  The flow could be triggered on Booking creation, and a delay set in the flow to the correct time you want them to update the Booking status.  The mobile notification can be set to open the Booking record as well.
  • RudyZhang Profile Picture
    RudyZhang Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

We have analyzed your requirements and after reviewing the documentation we believe that this requirement of yours is not achievable within the scope of out-of-the-box functionality. You may need to use a plugin or something else to customize it.

Here are a few ideas we have come up with.
    1. Create a PowerAutomate Flow to get the start time of all Booking resources.
    2. Compare the fetched time with the current time, if the gap is between 24-48 hours, trigger the send email action and the assigned resource will receive an email.
    3. After receiving the email, the subscribing resource can login to the environment to choose whether to reject or accept.

Of course, the above are some of our ideas, we are testing whether this is feasible. If there is any new progress, we will reply below.

I hope my answer is helpful to you! If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
    Rudy Zhang

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates