Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Change Log Entry

Posted on by 34
I am wondering if the retention policy for all BC accounts is locked for change log entries. The retention period is locked and set to NEVER DELETE by default.
 like this

but now is this

what can I do setup Retention Period default NEVER DELETE and what is protected:Yes mean?

thank a lot!!
  • Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 5,498 Super User on at
    Change Log Entry
    seems you could use manage to add or delete lines to achieve what you need. Then choose the desired period. I believe you could modify the lock field by configuration package as well. 

• Suggested answer
    KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,235 Super User on at
    Change Log Entry
    Protected means, that it filters out Change Log Entries, where the field Protected is either True or false. 
    For entries where Protected=True - such change log entries system would never delete.
    For entries where Protected=False, system would change such change log entries after 1 year.

Seems in the latest version, the retention policy for Change Log Entry has been updated and some rules have been set, that You cannot modify the value. 
    Would need someone with more experience in development to check if there is a way to modify these, but from User point of view, I didn't find any way.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

First Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Don't miss the first D365 Community Call on 7/10!

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,557 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,484 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans