Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Finance forum
Answered

Add a workflow user

Posted on by 114
Hello all,

I want to add a workflow user in workflow tool's notification tab. As shown in below image, It's a PO standard workflow. I just want to add one user - the submitter of the workflow, for notifications only.

////

Please suggest where I can write the code.
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 3,711 on at
    Add a workflow user

For your first question, if my suggestion helps you, please make it a verified solution in order to help others in the future get the same answer. For your second question, if the standard participant already works with notification, then maybe it will work for the custom one also, but you should try it.

Regards,
    Waed Ayyad

Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future
  • Verified answer
    Bhagyashree Dave Profile Picture
    Bhagyashree Dave 114 on at
    Add a workflow user
    Hi Andre,

My concern from the beginning is, I want to add a new workflow user/participant in workflow tool for PR and PO for notifications, so what approach I should use or which class can I use to write my code?
    And 2nd thing, as Waed Ayyad suggested, I can create a new participant and add it to existing PR/PO workflow. So this approach will show a new participant for notifications participant too??

It doesn't matter if the user I create shows for approver too, I just want to make sure that this method will at least show that user for notifications. 

Thanks,
    Bhagyashree Dave 
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User on at
    Add a workflow user
    Hi Bhagyashree,

Your initial question and now the new information are completely different. Please ensure you provide the correct information to get the better responses. 
    The participant providers depending on record information can't be used for notifications only. You can consider using the Alerts or Business events where Power Automate can retrieve information to send a notification to the correct person.
  • Bhagyashree Dave Profile Picture
    Add a workflow user
    Hi @ Waed Ayyad,

I can create a new provider, but will show in notifications tab in workflow tool too right??
    Because I don't want it as approver. I just want that participant for notifications.

Lete know if it's correct or not.

Thanks,
    Bhagyshree Dave
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad 3,711 on at
    Add a workflow user

you should create new provider and connect it with PR PO workflow or for all workflow types, no need to create a new workflow.

Regards,
    Waed Ayyad

Please mark this answer as "Verified" if it solved your issue. In order to help others who will face a similar issue in the future

Add a workflow user
    Hi @Waed Ayyad ,

I don't want to create a new workflow, I want to make changes in existing standard workflow of PO and PR.
  • Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad 3,711 on at
    Add a workflow user

you can check this article from MS that explain how to create a new Workflow provider.

Regards,
    Waed Ayyad

Add a workflow user
    Hi Hana Xue and Andre,

Actually, client needs PurchTable.Requester and PurchReqLine.Requester as workflow user/participant.

So I need to write code to customize this and add it to the workflow tool. Now I know that for approver, there's this participant provider class which can add a new participant.  But in this case, I don't want approver, I just need a new user which will recieve notifications.

So I need the place where I can write the code for participant/workflow user.

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks,
    Bhagyshree Dave 
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User on at
    Add a workflow user
    Hi Bhagyashree Dave,

The workflow originator the submitter. Have you tried that setting already? There is no need to add coding.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,773 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,513 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans