Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Bank Reconciliation - Outstanding Bank Transactions amount problem

Posted on by 4
Hi everyone,

Recently, when I do the bank reconciliations, I found out there is a unreasonable amount appear on the report's "Outstanding Bank Transactions".  In fact, the actual amount for this item shall be zero. No adjusting entries have been made.  

The bank reconciliation seems have no other problem, except the report shows this unreasonable amount.  And this same issue appears on all our other Bank Reconciliations.

This seems to me a system error.  Are any of you encounter the same issue?  Is there a way to fix it?  Thank you.
  • tb513 Profile Picture
    tb513 21 on at
    So the problem just seems to be with the reporting - is that correct?  When the bank rec is posted, yet the report is showing all the outstanding transactions (at least until the but is fixed), there shouldn't be any long term issues because it has been posted?
  • Suggested answer
    DB-14061304-0 Profile Picture
    DB-14061304-0 18 on at
    This is a known bug that came out with the latest update. It has to do with the fact that all manual matches do not fully close out the entry on the back end. Currently Microsoft is aware but the only fixes at the moment are to wait for them to fix it or hire a back end developer to create a bank rec report that doesn't pull these in. Our company is opting for the first and just waiting for Microsoft to fix. They have had a lot of complaints I could see them patching soon. 
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 63,011 Super User on at
  • JS-13061735-0 Profile Picture
    JS-13061735-0 4 on at
    No, Valentin.  There are no entries sum up to $421,562.43.  It should be "0".

And I just make this as an example, All our other bank accounts reconciliations have the similar issues recently.  However, all bank accounts' early  reconciliations are good.
  • Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 6,365 Super User on at
    If you go to the Bank Account Ledger Entries, do you see any entries that have a check mark in the open field? If so, do the entries sum up to 421,562.43?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,874 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans