Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Suggested answer

Cannot view charts on a dashboard that has been shared with me

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello, 

One of our users has created a personal dashboard and shared it with her team. She has shared the views used in the dashboard with the team members, and now some of the team can see the charts and lists in the dashboards, whereas others are getting "You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics 365 object or perform the requested operation" on the chart components. 

I am a system admin and she has shared the dashboard and view with me, but am also getting the same error. When we try to share any personal charts we get this error "You do not have Share permissions to any of the records you have selected. Therefore, you cannot share the selected records." 

Can someone please advise how we can make the chart components visible to those who have access to the dashboard and views? 

We are on-prem. 

Thank you

• Suggested answer
    Gambit9009 Profile Picture
    Gambit9009 5 on at
    RE: Cannot view charts on a dashboard that has been shared with me

Try to hit the Refresh on the Browser to see if it magically appears.  I am seeing a similar issue.  The user IS shared the view and the dashboard.  The open the dashboard and it is inconsistent per user where some users will see the views and others may get some/all boxes that say "You do not have enough privileges...".  They hit refresh on the whole page and the data in the views shows up.  BUT, after the close the page and come back to it, they may get the error again.  They just refresh the page and it works again.  That's our workaround so far and un-sharing and re-sharing so far have not made a change.  Hope that helps.

• Suggested answer
    RE: Cannot view charts on a dashboard that has been shared with me

Hi, make sure you and the rest of the team have access to:

• Entities that are being consumed.
    • Views.
    • Charts.
    • Dashboard.

Did you check that?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans