Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Suggested answer

Import excel table into AOT Ledger table

Posted on by 6
Hello,
We have a very tedious task when creating a new company in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. When it comes to Project category ledger setup, I have to manually create each one by one. (Same with creating journal names), This task makes me want to quit! It takes hours and hours to do this on the front end under set up. I was exploring the AOT tables and found this table where I know how to add a new row and make my entry there, but again it's one at a time. I am clueless about the SQL statement at the bottom, but I'm hoping someone can help me with inserting the data that was exported from another company in excel, into this table under the AOT development space. Is there a simple way or do I need to enter some kind of SQL statement at the bottom, which I do not know how? I have already tried the import and export functions but that didn't work because the export file extention .exp is invalid. 
If any one has any better ideas of how to cut and past the data from one company to a newly created one on the back end for a beginner, it would greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance//
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at
    Hi,

The Data Import Export Framework need some client and server installation. The required binary files can be found on the installation media. Can you check if these binaries are missing? That could solve the error you shared in the screenshot. Like you mentioned, you can also try the suggestion from Girish.

Besides, you can also consider writing an x++ job which can then copy data from one legal entity to another using the changecompany() keyword.
  • Import excel table into AOT Ledger table
    Data Import Export Framework method doesn't work. I think it might be the way ours is configured but I get errors
    Thank you for the suggestion @Mohit Rampal 
    I'm going to try the other suggestion now (GirishS)
    Komi, this is for new company set up, so it's copying from one company to the other, the data is already validated.
  • Suggested answer
    Komi Siabi Profile Picture
    Komi Siabi 12,377 Super User on at
    Hello,

You should never input data directly into table via the table browser, unless you are testing on the development environment. You might be missing some validations and functionality being done on the form level.
    DIXF and custom excel import are options you can explore as stated.
  • Suggested answer
    GirishS Profile Picture
    GirishS 27,803 Super User on at
    Hi,

One option will be using custom excel import script if the DIXF doesn't work for your scenario. For that to work you need to have all your data in the excel.

Thanks,
    Girish S.

• Suggested answer
    Mohit Rampal Profile Picture
    Mohit Rampal 12,540 Super User on at
    Hi, xpo does not store data and we can't copy paste data in table browser. Check this article on using Data Import Export Framework (DIXF) in AX 2012.

• Import excel table into AOT Ledger table
    Correction on file type =.xpo

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans