Skip to main content
Microsoft Dynamics GP forum
Answered

Does eConnect have a new API for Dynamics GP 18.3?

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 365

I upgraded Dynamics GP from 18.0 to 18.3.  We use eConnect for an integration with our parent company's requisition system.  The new values for the 1099 Tax Type and 1099 Box Number for the Nonemployee Compensation are failing in the integration.  I am wondering if there is a new API for eConnect that I should be using.  The error message is "Sql procedure error codes returned: ".  I've included the .xml file with the error message.TWGPUS_5F00_Vendor_5F00_TWGPUS_5F00_1_5F00_MYT10001_5F00_Error_5F00_ACK.XML

Categories:
  • ImAPilot Profile Picture
    ImAPilot 70 on at
    RE: Does eConnect have a new API for Dynamics GP 18.3?

Just an update that we installed the latest GP service pack 18.3.1233 released in late January, 2021, and the issue is not yet fixed. This remains a breaking change to the eConnect vendor insert function.

• MKAEC Profile Picture
    MKAEC 17 on at

It's sad.  Microsoft likes to refute the rumors that Dynamics GP is dying, but then they do things like refuse to update the eConnect API and move Management Reporter into maintenance-only mode.  Updating eConnect should have been a natural part of adding the 1099-NEC support.

• Suggested answer
    jbeck2014 Profile Picture
    jbeck2014 365 on at

I updated the pre and post stored procedures to handle the new codes for the Nonemployee Compensation.  Our integration is working successfully.

Thank you for the suggestion for the workaround.

Julie

• Verified answer
    ImAPilot Profile Picture
    ImAPilot 70 on at

I think from add/remove programs, the eConnect version shows 18.0.1016.000, but the file properties of the .dlls show version 18.3.1175.0. There may not have been any substantive changes to the code, but there at least was a new build. 

pastedimage1607095106424v1.png

As far as the workaround, I ended up implementing both a pre and post procedure (taUpdateCreateVendorRcdPre/Post). My quick fix is certainly not very elegant, but in our case, we only insert one combination of Ten99Type and Ten99BoxNumber, so this works.  With a bit more time, (absent a fix from MS), I would implement a temporary table to store the actual values sent in the pre-procedure, then restore them in the post procedure. 

Since GP 18.3 eConnect throws an error either when not passing the parameters, or while passing new valid values, or old (GP 18.2) parameter values, I added these two lines to the pre-procedure:

SET @I_vTEN99TYPE = 4
    SET @I_vTEN99BOXNUMBER = 1

The post procedure then sets the new GP 18.3 values for the fields via direct SQL:

UPDATE PM00200 SET TEN99TYPE = 5,
                                            TEN99BOXNUMBER = 1
    WHERE VENDORID = @I_vVENDORID
          AND TEN99TYPE = 4
          AND TEN99BOXNUMBER = 1

• jbeck2014 Profile Picture
    jbeck2014 365 on at

Jeff,

I tried installing the patch for eConnect from the mdgpfall2020 dvd, but eConnect is still at version 18.0.xxx.  I've asked our integration developers to try to handle the Nonemployee Compensation value of 5 in the eConnect SQL pre procedure.  I'll update you on the results of that when I hear back from them.

• ImAPilot Profile Picture
    ImAPilot 70 on at

Hi Nicole,

I think you're mistaken - on the mdgpfall2020 dvd in the AdProd/eConnect/x64/updates directory, There is a windows installer patch (MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-eConnect-x64-KB4052501-ENU) that will update the .dll version from 18.2.xxx to 18.3.1175.0. We also experienced this same issue that jbeck reported.

The error we are seeing is most likely caused by this new GP 18.3 change: docs.microsoft.com/.../form-1099-nec-now-supported for which there is a new value for Tax Type of 'Nonemployee Compensation' and a value of 5.

I ran it up the flagpole with our partner, and the response from Microsoft is noted here: community.dynamics.com/.../non-employee-compensation-nec-for-1099-form that documents the above functionality change, and notes that the new 1099 NEC was not added to Integration Manager or eConnect.

The recommendation provided was to handle it in an eConnect SQL pre procedure.

• Nicole Hellerud Profile Picture
    Nicole Hellerud 1,710 on at

Hi JBeck-

Thank you for your post.

There is not an updated eConnect in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 18.3.

Is there someone in the community that could offer guidance on the specific error noted?

Best Regards,

Nicole Fiskum

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,208 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,822 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans