Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Error cannot create a record in Employment (HcmEmployment). Insert not supported with the values specified for 'Employment start date' and 'Employment end date'. New record overlaps with multiple existing records during Employee upload usin

Posted on by 2,015

Hi techies,

I am getting below error 

Results. Cannot create a record in Employment (HcmEmployment). Insert not supported with the values specified for 'Employment start date' and 'Employment end date'. New record overlaps with multiple existing records.

while importing employee records using 'Employee' data entity in Dynamics 365. I tried changing dates but it is not working, whereas if I try to create same record manually with same start and end dates - AX is creating that, I don't have back end access for now to dig more, Can anyone give more insight on this please?

• RE: Error cannot create a record in Employment (HcmEmployment). Insert not supported with the values specified for 'Employment start date' and 'Employment end date'. New record overlaps with multiple existing records during Employee upload

Hi Andre,

I found the solution. I did import the same data by changing the time in employee start date and employee effective date.

Also, i tried few records by leaving all the date fields as blanks except the employee start date. Now all the employees are visible in the master as well.

Thanks

Deepa

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 283,682 Super User on at
    RE: Error cannot create a record in Employment (HcmEmployment). Insert not supported with the values specified for 'Employment start date' and 'Employment end date'. New record overlaps with multiple existing records during Employee upload

Hi Deepa,

The table browser is read-only on production environments. If data needs to be corrected, you need to do it using the forms. If that is not possible, you have to write a runnable class or try to involve Microsoft Support to run a SQL script.

• RE: Error cannot create a record in Employment (HcmEmployment). Insert not supported with the values specified for 'Employment start date' and 'Employment end date'. New record overlaps with multiple existing records during Employee upload

Hi Andre,

I am facing the same error and when i check the table browser, i found the data in the table (hcmworker, hcmemployment & hcmemploymentemployee). Am unable to delete the table record as well.

Note: I imported 20 employee records using employee data entity. Of which only 13 records were available in the front end (HR >>Employees) the remaining 7 records are not displayed in the form but the same is available in the table.

Request you to provide a solution.

Note - I am not able to add manually as the records are available in the backend.

Regards

Deepa

• Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    RE: Error cannot create a record in Employment (HcmEmployment). Insert not supported with the values specified for 'Employment start date' and 'Employment end date'. New record overlaps with multiple existing records during Employee upload

To be able to access the tablebrowser, you can adjust the D365 URL with: ....&mi=SysTableBrowser&tablename={TABLENAME}

• Reliable Profile Picture
    Reliable 2,015 on at

Hi Andre,

I don't have back end access to check it for now, is it possible to check table records from browser?

Reliable 2,015 on at

Hi Sukrut,

You mean to say AX will not allow to hire a multiple workers at same date?

Hi Sangram,

It might indeed be related to earlier attempts. Can you check if there are records in the HCMWorker and HCMEmployment tables or not?

Reliable 2,015 on at

Hi Andre,

I have provided employee number from file itself.

Initially I kept 45K records in single run to execute without batch, but it was in executing state for two days, so later I fragmented files in 10K and executed them in batch jobs, here I am getting above error for many records.

Is this due to that first run? that might have created orphan records and causing errors to import?

Hi Sangram,

When inserting new records, it should not give this error. Have you provided an employee number in the source file or are you trying to use a number from the number sequence? Possibly then the employee number is empty, you can get this error.

Reliable 2,015 on at

Hi Andre,

I am trying to insert new records.

Exactly what I need to check in employment table, Is there any functional behavior of AX that limits Data Management to insert employees.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 283,682 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,000 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans