Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / How to get Employee Na...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

How to get Employee Name , Employee Department and Employee Company from D365 F&O DB

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello Experts ,  i have one requirement to set look up for employee so once employee name will be chose respected department and  company will come automatically. i was trying to figure out the relation between the table to get those details but couldn't find anything. please advise i am, using below quarries.  

Not Working :

SELECT A.PERSONNELNUMBER, E.NAME AS 'WORKER NAME', D.NAME AS 'DEPARTMENT'
FROM HCMWORKER A LEFT OUTER JOIN HCMPOSITIONWORKERASSIGNMENT B ON B.WORKER = A.RECID
LEFT OUTER JOIN HCMPOSITIONDETAIL C ON C.POSITION = B.POSITION
INNER JOIN DIRPARTYTABLE D ON C.DEPARTMENT = D.RECID
INNER JOIN DIRPARTYTABLE E ON A.PERSON = E.RECID

For getting employ name i am using this  and its working

select DP.NAME,* from HCMWORKER h, DIRPARTYTABLE DP where h.PERSON = DP.RECID 

Thank you 

• Suggested answer
    ergun sahin Profile Picture
    ergun sahin 8,812 Super User on at
    RE: How to get Employee Name , Employee Department and Employee Company from D365 F&O DB

semihcelikol.com/.../

• MohammadAB Profile Picture
    MohammadAB 20 on at
    RE: How to get Employee Name , Employee Department and Employee Company from D365 F&O DB

Hi Sachin,

I am looking to create a similar report to get the department of the reportedbyperson. Did you manage to find the query?

Kind Regards,

MohammadA

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hello Guys, I can see in Human Resources > Employee while we are creating employee we have option to add company and department in employment > financial Dimension (TAB ). 

Error95.PNG

After investigating i found below table are responsible for this.

• DimensionAttributeValueSet
    • DimensionAttributeValueSetItem
    • DimensionAttributeValue

For Vendor table i wrote below query and it is giving me the department and company name.

select dimensionAttributeValue.DISPLAYVALUE,* from HCMEMPLOYMENT  join dimensionAttributeValueSetItem on

dimensionAttributeValueSetItem.DimensionAttributeValueSet = HCMEMPLOYMENT.DefaultDimension

join dimensionAttributeValue on   dimensionAttributeValue.RecId = dimensionAttributeValueSetItem.DimensionAttributeValue

But i am confused which table i should use for Employee department and company. I tried with HCM worker but it does not have DefaultDimension column also i tried with HCMEMPLOYMENT table but not getting correct result please advise.  

So i will write a manual lookup to show only the department and company which is linked to this employee

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hello Blue, 

Thank you so much for the response actually i am already able to pick current logged in user name and logged in date by using  initValue() method 

public void initValue()
    { 
    super();
    this.ReportedDate = DateTimeUtil::getSystemDate(DateTimeUtil::getUserPreferredTimeZone());
    this.ReportedByUser=HcmWorker::worker2Name(HcmWorker::userId2Worker(curUserId()));

}

Now i want respected department of that user and respected company should also picked automatically , once i  chose the ReportedByUser. Please find the screen shot below for more clarity. Same scenario  i want for assignee but assignee field i am getting value by using HcmWorkerRecId EDT in table field.

Error94.PNG

• Blue Wang Profile Picture
    Blue Wang on at

Hi Sachin,

Have you tried this?

community.dynamics.com/.../current-user-and-its-employee-name

HcmWorker::find(DirPersonuser::findUserWorkerReference(UserId)).name();
    HcmWorker::find(DirPersonuser::findUserWorkerReference(UserId)).primaryDepartmentName();

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans