Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Suggested answer

Filtering Emails from different Business Unit

Posted on by 433

Hi,

I'll try and make this as simple as I can!

Is it possible to filter certain types of emails between business units? One of our teams uses Dynamics from a Customer Service (Helpdesk) app and another uses a Sales App.

As it stands, both teams can see all emails sent to a Contact, however some of the emails sent to the Helpdesk team and are of a sensitive nature and should not be visible to the Sales team.

Is there a way to filter or hide emails which include a particular subject for example, to be hidden from one team?

So, for example. I send an email to our Helpdesk which has a subject of 'Sensitive Data'. Currently, the Sales team are able to see that email, and I'm trying to figure out a way of preventing Sales from seeing it. Sales should still be able to see other emails, just not if they contain a certain subject, maybe you can think of a better filter I could use, but I am just thinking about the Subject here.

Thanks a lot

Ted

• Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Filtering Emails from different Business Unit

Hi Ted,

1. You can use themes as conditions to filter views, creating different views for different teams to use.

To take this a step further, you can hide a view depending on the particular user:

https://crm365blog.wordpress.com/2018/07/15/show-hide-views-based-on-user-security-role/ 

2.Maybe you can use business units to stop users viewing different business units data.

--Both teams are in two separate BUs and set the active entity in the security role to read permissions at the BU level.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans