Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Answered

Freight charge on Sales Order

Posted on by 27

Hi, we sell products/items to customers, and sometimes we charge our customer freight.

We currently using a G/L account to charge customer freight costs.

When a sales order consists of both item and G/L (freight),after fully shipped the order from Warehouse Shipment, the Complete Shipped filed will still show a "No" even all items are shipped.

Is there any solutions to this? Or I should change the way how I charge freight to customer?

Thanks.

Categories:
  • LaserCopr Profile Picture
    LaserCopr 188 on at
    RE: Freight charge on Sales Order

1) This will work for GL=Freight Charge

2) If we use Charge (Item) = Freight, it needs to assign the cost to item, is there a quicker way to apply the cost to the item automatic? So batch posting can go through?

• Alfredo_Iorio Profile Picture
    Alfredo_Iorio 1,260 on at

Hi Kim

I assume warehouse shipments are a requirement because Eric says he uses warehouse shipments in his question.

Therefore, his location is set up with Require Shipments = Yes, which means no sales lines with type = item can be shipped from the sales header unless posting a warehouse shipment.

Using batch post on the sales headers with a filter on that location will ship G/L lines or service items but it will not ship standard items because the setup on the location will prevent it.

• Suggested answer
    Dallefeld Profile Picture
    Dallefeld 11,425 User Group Leader on at

Alfredo, how do you make sure that the batch post will ship and invoice only the GL line for freight if there are other item lines that did not and should not be shipped.

Is there a specific reason that you are using Warehouse Shipments? You know that they are not a requirement, correct?

• Suggested answer
    Alfredo_Iorio Profile Picture
    Alfredo_Iorio 1,260 on at

Hi Eric

You can only ship inventory using a warehouse shipment. Therefore, any order with G/L, Item charges or service item must be re-shipped through the sales header to be completely shipped.

One way of solving your problem will be to batch post your sales orders after the posting of the warehouse shipment.

Here I have an order with a charge, I post the warehouse shipment and I am left with the charge not-shipped

partially-shipped.jpg

The order is partially shipped

partially-shipped-2.jpg

I run a Batch post job. Note that I have filters so the routine does not try to ship orders that are not supposed to be shipped with this routine

batch-post.jpg

The order is now fully shipped, including the freight charge and it can be invoiced as one document

completely-shipped.jpg

• Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 70,593 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi, of cource, you can do this. But when you manage the AR, the payers (customers) are merged into one.

pastedimage1649297272612v1.png

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

ZHU

• LaserCopr Profile Picture
    LaserCopr 188 on at

But that means- customer will get two invoice, one for the items and second one for the freight charge ( GL) ?

Is there any way to combine both on one invoice - item & freight charge?

• Verified answer
    Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,640 on at

Sorry but you have to do a customization to ship the GL Lines, it cannot be done in standard.  or after warehouse shipment is posted you need post it again from the sales order screen the G/L Lines.

• Eric Zhu Profile Picture
    Eric Zhu 27 on at

hi Suresh

I use Warehouse Shipment to ship, but Warehouse Shipment won't pick up the G/L, so the G/L line on sales order showing not shipped, that's why the Completely Shipped showing No.

Anything I can do to overcome this?

• Eric Zhu Profile Picture
    Eric Zhu 27 on at

1 on sales line and 1 been shipped.

I use Warehouse Shipment to ship, but it won't pick up the G/L, so the G/L line on sales order showing not shipped, that's why the Completely Shipped showing No.

• Suggested answer
    Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,640 on at

Is the G/L Account line is also shipped? Even thought it is not a item it needs to be shipped.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,607 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,847 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans