Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Log who creates SO, edits SO, confirms SO etc.

Posted on by

Hi all,

I am searching for some kind of log or a method which shows who created a sales order, who edited it, who approved it, who added lines to it, basically every step... If there something like that available in AX? I know about the Change Management, but we are not using that in our company at the moment, so I believe we cannot "track" these steps in the past?

Best regards,

Luuk Schulte

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    sohaibcheema Profile Picture
    sohaibcheema 46,602 User Group Leader on at
    RE: Log who creates SO, edits SO, confirms SO etc.

Moreover remember setting up database log setup can cost you performance issues.
    Configure and manage database logging [AX 2012]

if I am in your shoes, I will avoid logging, unless its really required to track change of data as well.

if its needed only the information such as created by update by etc. I would like to manage it with table properties

• Suggested answer

For approved by possibly you need Customization as well. e.g. if you have WF on Sales Order, that means by default  ax is not keeping this information inside SalesTable. You have to get this information by any of following two ways

1. Get last/final approver of WF, using code after WF is already completed/approved.
    2. customize Update method of SalesTable, whenever value of WFStatus is being updated, you can keep name of user inside sales table. or customzie WFEventHandler class which is responsible to update status of workflow.

I think #1 is better. remaining its upto your organization, how you feel more comfortable. 

• Luuk Schulte Profile Picture
    Luuk Schulte on at

Thank you for your reply Sohaib

I have thought about the Created and Modified by functionality and export the list to Excel. This will show me when and who created the SO. But it does not show who approved it for instance. So my best bet is the third option?

• Suggested answer

1. One way is change management is as specified.
    2. The other way is, if you have enabled Createdy and Modified by (but this way cannot give 100% accurate results specifically for update, as it will provide information of latest modifiedby only
    3. Third way Database Log setup.

For past records, you cannot get accurate information, except using #2, where properties of table were already enabled such as createdby and modifiedby

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,607 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,847 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans