Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Implement a WEB API for sincronize data from app on IPAD and Dynamics NAV2013/R2, NAV2016 and AX

Posted on by Microsoft Employee

Hello,

I'm developing a WEB API for sincronize an APP with NAV2013/R2 and NAV2016; I chose the protocol ODATA when I startd this project published a page 18 Customer like ODATA Service.

My question are :smile:

1) When I'm going to publisher a new record or I'm going to update a record using ODATA protocol by web service, the evaluation control, the trigger before insert/update value, etc will be it execute?

2) Have you never used ODATA to exchange data with an APP or other system device? Have you found some limit?

3) Is a possible to call a codeunit using ODATA protocol, passing IT a JSON like BigText?

thanks in advance

• Suggested answer
    Alexander Ermakov Profile Picture
    Alexander Ermakov 28,094 on at
    RE: Implement a WEB API for sincronize data from app on IPAD and Dynamics NAV2013/R2, NAV2016 and AX

1) Yes

2) OData is less suited for applications that are primarily RPC-oriented or in which data operations are constrained to certain prescribed patterns. Refer to Known Limitations: msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh166950(v=nav.90).aspx

3) Unfortunately, no. It is not currently possible to access codeunits with OData web services: msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh168269(v=nav.90).aspx

• Suggested answer
    Rabin Profile Picture
    Rabin 2,976 on at
    RE: Implement a WEB API for sincronize data from app on IPAD and Dynamics NAV2013/R2, NAV2016 and AX

Hi

1. Yes the Trigger will be executed...

2.  In NAV 2013 there is only read access using ODATA, no write access. With NAV 2015 ODATA has all the Features(CRUD)... So if you are working on older version then there might be some limitations and you might would like to stick with SOAP which is slower...

3. It is not currently possible to access codeunits with OData web services.

You can use ODATA to Read and SOAP to Write...

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans