Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Extra functions for emails sent from BC

Posted on by 41
Hello,

I have a question regarding the configuration of Business Central. Our client requires us to enable the function of receiving delivery receipts for emails, particularly for invoices and orders. We would like to enable this option, but only for selected customers, so it doesn't affect all outgoing emails. Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Business Central to automatically send delivery receipts only for specific recipients?

What steps need to be taken to achieve this?
Are any additional extensions or configurations necessary?
  • Suggested answer
    Saurav.Dhyani Profile Picture
    Saurav.Dhyani 17,959 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi,

You can create a custom process, but standard will work for all customers. I would suggest following steps -

1. Define a Boolean on customer for enabling / disabling Auto Receipt (Background).
    2. During Posting of order & invoices find the event where you would like to trigger the email logic.
    3. Sent an email in background to the recipient if Boolean is enabled. 

** From a Performance perspective, I would suggest adding a new table to queue record that need to send as email and a job queue which processes items in queue when new records get added. 

Also add a Boolean in posted documents, of email sent and when job queue processes, mark that Boolean as true.

Hope it helps.

In the YouTube Email playlist i have provided details about generating an email, rest I hope you will be able to develop with above mentioned steps.

Let me know if any questions.

Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 70,681 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi, as far as I know, the standard can't do it. There are email scenarios in BC, which can specify the sending email address for functions such as SO and SI, but there are no settings for customers.

This may only be considered customization.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans