Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Block inventory transaction from location

Posted on by 995

Hi all,

I try to setup a location that inventory is receipted but can not issued for sales, production. I use 'Output blocked' in tab 'Other' in Inventory location.

However, after check ok, I transfer inventory to another location to create all transaction.

Example:

I create WH1 that have 2 location: LOC1 and LOC2.

I setup LOC1 has an Output blocked in order to prevent user issue inventory from this location.

I receive 10pcs item in WH1, LOC1. After that, I transfer 10pcs from LOC1 to LOC2 in order to issue inventory from LOC2 for a sales order. However, system prevent this transaction.

Question: Does AX support blocking inventory transaction according transaction (sales, purchase, production) or How can I  use inventory in LOC1 if I can not transfer inventory to another location.

Categories:
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Block inventory transaction from location

Phung,

If this is indeed on the quality side then batch disposition would be a good procedure to use rather than inventory blocking. Keep in mind batch disposition requires set up for different batch dispositions and to what is allowed with each disposition. It is more involved than inventory blocking, but would be useful in this scenario.

I use both to control inventory movement and transactions that are allowed.

Ron

• Verified answer
    Cam Phung Profile Picture
    Cam Phung 995 on at

I think I should use batch disposition code.

• Verified answer

Hi Phung.  You shouldn't try to block inventory because of the location.  You should enable batch tracking and use a batch disposition code.  I assume from your question that at receipt you perform some QA function, and while the quality guys are doing their thing the items are sitting in a QA location - but much better to base this process on a quality status rather than a location.  

Tim

Phung,

There is a function under location set up>other tab>location type

Here you can set up as inbound dock.. There are several type you can set here actually.

These are restrictions that can be applied to any location. However if you have the location already set up this function will not be available. You will need to set up a new location.

Ron

• fatihgork Profile Picture
    fatihgork 3,815 on at

Hello Phung,

I also need the know if that functionality exists but in the opposite way.

I'd like to block a warehouse to receive item A, but allow to ship out what it already has.

Let's post here if we find information from another source.

• Cam Phung Profile Picture
    Cam Phung 995 on at

Hi Ron,

How can I default that Location is always allow receive inventory and transfer, but can not issue for product and sales. I do not want manually.

Thank you.

Hi Carsz,

Normally the delete function is only active for the user who created the blocking. This is standard AX functionality.

However if you have access to the AOT you can delete the record using the table InventBlocking. Just fine the line with the record you need to delete and highlight it and use Alt F9. This will remove the blocking.

Ron

Hi Ron,

What if the delete button is grayed out?

Hi Phung,

There is  a function under Inventory and Warehouse Management>Periodic>Inventory Blocking. You need to enter and the pertinent information here. This will block the inventory. To unblock simply delete that entry.

Let me know if this helps

Ron

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans