Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

How to prevent Quick Send from printing an invoice

Posted on by 110

We're setting up Quick Send in SL 7.0  We're finding that in order to automatically send an invoice via email, we need to first initiate a print process in order to send the email.  The problem is that the invoice we want to send via email is also printing (kinda defeats the purpose for us).  Is there a setting in either App Server, Quick Send setup, or the Customer Quick Send tab that would indicate that the invoice should not print?

Thanks.

Dennis

• RE: How to prevent Quick Send from printing an invoice

I have this same issue.  My invoice is customized as well but there is no join to the ARPrintQueue table.  I also do not see one in the uncustomized report.  In fact the queries are the same.  the customizations are just cosmetic.

• abarron Profile Picture
    abarron 10 on at
    RE: How to prevent Quick Send from printing an invoice

Hi Adam,

The link is inner join.

Here's the SQL query from the Custom Crystal rpt

SELECT "ARDoc"."CustId", "ARDoc"."RefNbr", "ARDoc"."DocType", "Customer"."BillName", "Customer"."BillAddr2", "Customer"."BillAttn", "Customer"."BillCity", "ARTran"."Qty", "ARTran"."CuryTranAmt", "ARDoc"."CuryTaxTot00", "ARDoc"."CuryTaxTot01", "ARDoc"."CuryTaxTot02", "ARDoc"."CuryTaxTot03", "ARDoc"."TaxId00", "ARDoc"."TaxId01", "ARDoc"."TaxId02", "ARDoc"."TaxId03", "ARDoc"."DocDate", "Terms"."Descr", "ARTran"."CuryUnitPrice", "ARDoc"."Rlsed", "ARTran"."TranClass", "ARTran"."DrCr", "ARDoc"."CuryOrigDocAmt", "ARTran"."InvtId", "ARTran"."ProjectID", "ARTran"."UnitPrice", "ARTran"."TranAmt", "Customer"."BillAddr1", "RptCompany"."RI_ID", "Customer"."BillState", "Customer"."BillZip", "ARSetup"."DecPlPrcCst", "ARSetup"."DecPlQty", "ARTran"."TaskID", "ARTran"."TranDesc", "PJPROJ"."project_desc", "ARDoc"."User1", "ARTran"."User1", "ARTran"."CustId"

FROM   (((((("EDUAPP"."dbo"."ARPrintQueue" "ARPrintQueue" INNER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."ARDoc" "ARDoc" ON ("ARPrintQueue"."CpnyID"="ARDoc"."CpnyID") AND ("ARPrintQueue"."INNbr"="ARDoc"."RefNbr")) INNER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."RptCompany" "RptCompany" ON ("ARPrintQueue"."CpnyID"="RptCompany"."CpnyID") AND ("ARPrintQueue"."RI_ID"="RptCompany"."RI_ID")) LEFT OUTER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."Customer" "Customer" ON "ARDoc"."CustId"="Customer"."CustId") LEFT OUTER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."ARTran" "ARTran" ON (("ARDoc"."CustId"="ARTran"."CustId") AND ("ARDoc"."RefNbr"="ARTran"."RefNbr")) AND ("ARDoc"."DocType"="ARTran"."TranType")) LEFT OUTER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."Terms" "Terms" ON "ARDoc"."Terms"="Terms"."TermsId") INNER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."PJPROJ" "PJPROJ" ON "ARTran"."ProjectID"="PJPROJ"."project") INNER JOIN "EDUAPP"."dbo"."ARSetup" "ARSetup" ON "Customer"."AcctNbr"<>"ARSetup"."CreditHoldType"

WHERE  "ARDoc"."Rlsed"=1 AND ("ARDoc"."DocType"='CM' OR "ARDoc"."DocType"='DM' OR "ARDoc"."DocType"='IN') AND (("ARDoc"."DocType"='DM' OR "ARDoc"."DocType"='IN') AND ("ARTran"."TranClass"<>'D' AND "ARTran"."DrCr"='C' OR "ARTran"."DrCr"='D' AND "ARTran"."TranClass"='D') OR "ARDoc"."DocType"='CM' AND ("ARTran"."DrCr"='D' AND "ARTran"."TranClass"<>'D' OR "ARTran"."DrCr"='C' AND "ARTran"."TranClass"='D'))

ORDER BY "ARDoc"."CustId", "ARDoc"."RefNbr", "ARTran"."ProjectID", "ARTran"."User1"

Any suggestions?

Thanks Much!

• Adam Leonard Profile Picture
    Adam Leonard 2,151 on at

How did you join to the ARPrintQueue table?  Should be inner join.

• Suggested answer
    abarron Profile Picture
    abarron 10 on at

Hi Carolyn,

I have the same situation as Dennis, though we are on Dynamics SL 2011 FP1.

We are using a customized invoice format.

The invoice format has the ARPrintQue table (I already verified)

What do I need to do?  Shall I remove this table from the report?

Thanks much!

• Re: How to prevent Quick Send from printing an invoice

Hi Dennis,

Do you need any otherhelp with this issue?

• Re: How to prevent Quick Send from printing an invoice

Hi Dennis,

Normally if the customer is set up for Quick Send, the invoices do not print.  However, if your invoice report is customized, it could cause the problem.  Can you perhaps try and use the uncustomized invoice report?    Or, open the customized report using Crystal Reports for Solomon.  In the Field Explorer see if the ARPrintQueue table is listed.  Let me know what you find.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans