Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

AX 2012 R3 slow only for some users

Posted on by 10

Hi everyone,

For two users saving changes on some form takes a lot of more time than for others. Giving them system administrator right doesn't change anything. It's not machine related too. When I was analyzing it with Trace Parser I noticed some pattern inside FormDataSource::Write method that doesn't happen for other users. So I've created new table with only one field and simple form with grid and button that invoke Research method on the dataSource. Same thing happened, I highlighted it with green color below. On the server everything is same even sql.
5700.D.png

If there is more datasource then there is more of those things
2063.D2.png

It is not a problem on simple forms but every single 4ms FormDataSource::Write method that you can see below on left takes 1s on the right and those findRange methods is the most visible different everywhere so I thing it is related.
5518.D3.png

Does anyone have an idea why those two users have that findRange additives everywhere or how can I investigate what happened here?

Categories:
  • RE: AX 2012 R3 slow only for some users

Thank you André Arnaud de Calavon. Everything was because of "Filter by grid on by default" option.

• Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    RE: AX 2012 R3 slow only for some users

Hi WithCodeThroughWorld,

Can you check if there are differences in the user options between the users? E.g. some settings are different on the Development and SQL tab? It might be the case that these users are not running the business logic in CIL or if e.g. some SQL logs are enabled.

Thank you for your response André Arnaud de Calavon,

If alerts means just Organization administration/Setup/Alerts/Alert tracking then no, those users don't have any alerts set. I think It's even doesn't matter because I don't have to remove or write something, just invoke Research is sufficient. It is always a lot faster for other users. I'm doing it on special environment when I have copied database and even if no other user are logged in in this environment same things happen. As you can see below, on the left invoking ExecuteQuery is faster (Exclusive) than on the right and it's always like this. Also it's always a lot of more "FindRange" inside it, and I don't know why.

2816.D5.png

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi WithCodeThroughWorld,

As you mention that the system administrator role doesn't improve the time, I do assume it is not related to security settings or potentially XDS policies.

What tables and form are involved here? Do these users have e.g. alerts enabled on this table?

Is it always that slow or sometimes performing better?

Thank you for your response,

I have cleaned usage data but nothing changed.

The problem with performance for those two users happens on every computer. Other users that log in on the same computer doesn't have problems.

As I said in previous post even on very simple form with empty table I can always see some differences for those users. Invoking FormDataSource::executeQuery or FormDataSource::Write takes more time and there are FindRange methods inside it while watching with AX Trace Parser. I only need to invoke Research method on datasource to see it. I can't debug research method because it's probably kernel method or something. On the server side there is not much differences (I mean from the AX Trace Parser perspective Ax32Serv.exe).
    8688.D4.png
    Maybe there are some settings somewhere in AX that make form datasources refresh differently?

• Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hi,

Have you already tried cleaning the usage data of the users affected?

Also, I wonder what happens if somebody of the other users that don't see the issue log into AX from the computer of the ones that have problems. Have you tested that already?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans