Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

Document date display on Supplier payment journal after payment proposal creation

Posted on by 35

Which date should be displayed in Document date field on Supplier payment journal form after creating a payment proposal?

Should it come from the document date of the basis document (e.g. posted invoice journal, posted general journal, etc), should it be the payment date, or the current system date?
Is there a parameter controlling the value of the Document date in Supplier payment journal?

I would really appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on this one.

• katz.gee Profile Picture
    katz.gee 35 on at
    RE: Document date display on Supplier payment journal after payment proposal creation

Hi Ludwig,

That makes sense.

Thanks for the answer.

• Verified answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Document date display on Supplier payment journal after payment proposal creation

Hi katz.gee,

From my opinion the document date from the base document should not be the one that defaults into the supplier payment journal.

It is a separate journal and why should the document date from the invoice default? If this would be the case then I would expect the findims, posting texts, etc. to default as well from the base document, which is not the case.

So, I guess you expect something more or let's say different from what the system provides out of the box.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans