Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Suggested answer

How do I fix SL 2011 Quick Queries only displaying 10,000 rows of data?

Posted on by 70

In SL 2011 I installed the hotfix to correct the quick query issue where the AR Transaction query would time out. In doing so it seems to have capped query results at 10,000 rows of data. Is there a fix out there so that AR Transactions does work and I can get all the transactions to display?

• Re: How do I fix SL 2011 Quick Queries only displaying 10,000 rows of data?

Dear Kristin

You can also modify the existing view.  The Quick query view all start with QQ in the database.  For example QQ_ARTRAN

Thanks

Don

• Re: How do I fix SL 2011 Quick Queries only displaying 10,000 rows of data?

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  I will have to give some thought to creating new views.

• Suggested answer
    Re: How do I fix SL 2011 Quick Queries only displaying 10,000 rows of data?

Dear Kristin

We had this problem with too many AP transactions.  In situations where the database tables are too large (generally over 10,000 rows) you need to find a filter that will work for your situation.  We used a date filter that keyed off the current period field and limited the view to six previous periods of data.  That worked for us.  It's dynamics since after a period is closed the view rolls to the next period.

Also since you can't load the screen with too many transactions to apply the filter you have to modify the view in the database.  We created a new view and associated the new view with a new quick query.  In that way we preserve the original view that SL provided.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Don

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,652 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,930 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans