Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (4)
Security
AX2012 – How to create a read only security role (Walkthrough)

Some customers and community people have sometimes the question how to create a specific role in AX2012 where people have just “read only” rights. In the past I used a specific trick to establish such a role in just 10 minutes. (This b...

André Arnaud de Cal... 285,356 Super User
LikeLike (3)
Security
Tips on AX 2012 Security Development Tool – Part 1

The Security Development Tool is created by Microsoft and provides additional functionality helping you creating and maintaining security artifact like Roles, Duties and Privileges. I have used the tool since the release and noticed some very go...

LikeLike (3)
Speed up data import with (data) entity execution parameters

This post will inform you about the Entity execution parameters which can be found on the Data import/export framework parameters form. It will give you an option for gaining performance when importing large number of records using the data manage...

LikeLike (3)
Warehouse Management
AX 2012 R3: How to install the Warehouse Mobile Devices Portal

Exciting! Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 has been released. One of the major new features is the new Warehouse management module. This module also supports the use of mobile devices to register inventory transactions in the warehouse. The mobile ap...

LikeLike (2)
Personalization
More options to personalize the date and time format – Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations

Personalization is an important aspect of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. Removing or adding custom fields, setting default filter ranges, and changing the order of fields are some examples that make end users more productive. Next...

LikeLike (2)
Security
Tips on AX 2012 Security Development Tool – Part 2

Within my previous post I started a series about the Security Development Tool for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. I got some positive feedback, so that motivated me to continue on part 2. I have seen people using the tool and thought they could they...

LikeLike (2)
AX 2012 – Change fiscal calendar to a shifted year

Sometimes companies are in the need to change the fiscal book year to another start and end date. It is possible to change a fiscal calendar for legal entities in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This post is a walkthrough to guide you through the step...

LikeLike (1)
How to correct the wrong label ID appearance in address and contact information purposes

Recently, there were some people experiencing some data issues in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management. Instead of translated text, some label IDs, like @SYS90909, were showing up in the address and contact information purpo...

LikeLike (1)
To share or not to share…

…that’s the question! I often get the question if it is possible to share some master data in AX2012. Out of the box we all know that some data like chart of accounts, products and global address book records are shared. In AX2012 like all previou...