Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (2)
Relax… Microsoft is not killing Dynamics NAV

Overview So this morning, I get an e-mail with the following: On initial look, the e-mail is implying Microsoft has decided to kill Dynamics NAV (which was rebranded into Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation, Business Edition). Look how it’s ...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Which Inventory WIP Are You Talking About in Dynamics NAV

Overview When people talk about WIP account, it’s what it is. An intermediary account where the raw material is being worked on, but it’s not yet a finished good for sale. This is important for companies to audit in a manufacturing pro...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Warehouse Management
Properly Setup Bin Code for Warehouse Management in Dynamics NAV

Overview One of the most often asked about features when dealing with inventory is the ability to keep track of inventory by bins in the warehouse. While The Warehouse Management System will benefit the accuracy of the items that are stored in the...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Restarting Job Queue when it Hits an Error on Dynamics NAV 2013

Job Queue In Dynamics NAV 2013, you can setup job queue to automate processing of tasks. Popular tasks that are automated are things such as Adjust Cost – Item Entries, EDI processing, Reporting, etc. Setting up job queue in NAV2013 couldn&...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Unexpected Changes the Expected Receipt Date in Dynamics NAV

Overview This is one issue that I hear from customers using Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) quite often is why does the Expected Receipt Date keep changing? The Expected Receipt Date in Dynamics NAV is the main driver for inventory planning. Dyna...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Upgrade
Performance Problem in VM Environment for NAV 2016 and Beyond

Overview This is a story of upgrading one of our clients from Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 (we recommended going to NAV 2017, but they didn’t want to be guinea pigs). The upgrade itself was done on the customer&...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Security
Why the Idle Client Timeout Won’t Work

Overview Just a friendly reminder (or reminder for myself) that in order to get the Idle Client Time to work properly. Make sure you change the Keep Alive Interval to something greater than Idle Client Timeout. If you set the Idle C...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (1)
Upgrade
Dynamics NAV Extensions – A Potential Weapon of Mass Destruction

Overview With the release of Dynamics NAV 2017 and Dynamics 365 for Financials (which is technically NAV2017), the buzz word in the Dynamics NAV development community is the development function called Extensions. What are Extensions? Extensions i...

Alex Chow 4,481
LikeLike (0)
Switching to a New Dynamics NAV (Navision) Service Provider

The Disappointment… Frustrated by the long lead time? Mad at the frequent bugs received and being billed for it? Disappointed at the decisions you made based on bad advice received? Tired of not getting responses? Angry at the billing practi...

Alex Chow 4,481