Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (3)
How to upload license file into Dynamics NAV

If you are very new to Microsoft Dynamics NAV development this blog post will be a useful one. License file is required in order to do any activity in Microsoft Dynamics NAV. In this post I am going to discuss about how to change and upl...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (2)
Quick Fix : OLE control or Automation server identified by GUID-{F9043C85-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB} not found

If you are working with a version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, then most probably you might be familiar with below error message. This message is for C/AL Programmers:Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server ide...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (2)
Reset Auto Increment field in Microsoft Dynamics NAV Tables

How to change the current value of an auto increment field? Is it possible without dropping the table? Yes it is possible. In order to do that you have to use SQL command called DBCC CHECKIDENT Following is the syntax of the DBCC CH...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (2)
AutoSplitKey

What is AutoSplitKey??According to the MSDN, AutoSplitKey is defined as,Sets whether a key is automatically created for a new record placed between the current record and the previous record.This means when you enter a record in between two r...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (2)
Install Dynamics NAV 2018 with Modern Development Environment

Microsoft released Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 a few days ago and by now most of you have already downloaded the setup. If you don't have it already, you can download it by clicking here.In this blog post, I will not go through each step ...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (2)
Styling Dynamics NAV 2013 Page Values

ERP is all about providing critical information to the users with very user friendly manner. Therefore It is always essential to draw attention to the important values, fields in a page. It allows the user to use the ERP very user friendly manner ...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (1)
Workflows in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016

From now on you will be able to find some of my blog posts in the  Theta NAV Blog  as well.  Following is my first blog post under Theta NAV Blog.    Workflows in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (1)
Functional Tutorials : About the Functional Tutorial Tag

Why new Functional Tag??Why not share our knowledge with the others? Each day we learn new things knowingly or unknowingly. Information and knowledge we gather on every day is very precious. To you it might be a very small func...

TharangaC 23,114
LikeLike (1)
Quick Fix : Visual Studio displaying NAV Report Layout as XML

I got this issue with Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Edition. Every time I open a Dynamics NAV report layout in Visual Studio, RDLC is rendered as XML file instead of visual layout with all the fields and tool boxes. How the report layout...

TharangaC 23,114