Search the Dynamics community

Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (5)
If you’re using ILMerge with your plugins - make sure you read this!

Ever since Microsoft CRM moved online and Plugin sandboxing became mandatory, you'll have likely come up against the challenge of using third party assemblies. Sand-boxed Plugins cannot access any third-party assemblies and so if you us...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (4)
Option-Set, Lookup or Autocomplete

In the constant struggle to improve data quality it is common to avoid using free-text fields in favour of select fields. This approach has the advantage of ensuring that data is entered consistently such that it can easily be searched and reporte...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
New version of Network Visualisations for Dynamics CRM

Many of you will have seen (and possibly used) my previous version of NetworkView. Thank you for all the feedback you've given. The top 5 points of feedback were: Can I show connections on the graph? Can I show custom entities on the graph? I...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
Mastering Ribbon Workbench 2016

Since the release of the Ribbon Workbench 2016 I am in the process of updating the documentation to reflect the user interface. These video series on mastering the Ribbon Workbench 2016 will take you through from installing to performing advanced ...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
CRM 2013 Script Loading Deep Dive

Ever since the script Web Resource loading behaviour changed in UR12 from series to parallel I've been interested in how to best standardise management the loading of script Web Resources. The fact that scripts are loaded from a variety of pla...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
Limitations of Calculated Fields and the Data Export Service

You probably already know that I'm a big fan of the Data Export Service. The single fact of having a 'near real time' replica of your data in a SQL Azure Database to query in any way you want is simply amazing. Today I came across an ...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
Real Time Workflow or Plugin?

I have been asked "should I use Real Time Workflows instead of Plugins?" many times since CRM2013 first introduced this valuable new feature. Real Time Workflows (RTWFs) certainly have many attractive benefits over Plugins including: ...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
Adding Global Command Buttons to the Unified Interface

If you've used the new Version 9 Unified Interface so far then you'll know that there is no advanced find button yet. I am sure that it won't be long until this feature is added in some form and indeed much of the time the Relevance Se...

ScottDurow 50,166
LikeLike (3)
There is something rather different about Dynamics 365 Business Process Flows!

The new business process flow designer in Dynamics 365 is lovely! However, I'm not going to talk about that since it's rightly had lots of love by others already. For me the biggest change in Dynamics 365 is the fact that running Business...

ScottDurow 50,166